Try to get some beer in dat keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABVIBUSRM

Reaction score
HAHA so i just kegged a DIPA and dry hopped in the keg..i usually put foil over the opening for sanitation purposes..That and having the hop bag in the keg made it harder to see the beer level in the keg..Needless to say i had a major over flow..beer everywhere..fun times. and on top of that my release valve on my keg lid is shot kept leaking..thank god i had a spare..Not too confident about this batch now..probably got contaminated during the chaos..the reason im posting this thread is to remind people to pay attention when kegging or else:D

Don't thank god for having the spare lid, thank yourself!

I've overflowed before too in transferring, I had to autosiphon enough beer out so the liquid level was below the gas dip tube. I pay closer attention now, for sure. I bet your beer is fine.

The batch should be be fine. I had bourbon chocolate stout pour all over the floor immediately as SWMBO walked in the door one time. Bad timing? Yes. Bad batch? Absolutely not!

yeah im not worried about it..thing got around a pound of hops and i purged the keg prior to filling and my sanitation is on point..even if it is not 100% its has a date with my liver

Don't worry, the beer will survive! Hop oil is antiseptic, so is ethanol, and when you combine all that with near freezing temperature you can stop worrying about contaminated beer; unless you accidentally get poops in your beer, then it's time to worry ;)

Back