True Brew ingredient kits?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preliator

Reaction score
I was curious to know if anyone had anything good or bad to say about this company? i got 2 kits from my brother as a gift and have not had a chance to brew them yet as I had a cider and a mead going already.
the kits seen pretty straight forward.
An American wheat and a Canadian Ale, they are sold by crosby and baker. i have dealt with some of there other products and have had nothing bad to say about them so i am hoping for the same with the brew kits....any input.
Also, there instructions call for no secondary....pretty much right from the primary to the bottling bucket....I am not sure about this myself as i would be bottling not kegging. any input there would be helpful as well. I figure to run it in the primary for the time of the yeast, rack over to secondary carboy to clear, then to bottling bucket....
thanks in advance
anthony
edit to add:
the kits came from my LHBS, he strictly deals with C&B and I have never gotten a bad anything from him....TY

You shouldn't have any problems with the kit. They are a very reputable company. I've brewed and continue to buy their kits. You will enjoy both of them. Regardless of what the instructoins say, you should use the 1-2-3 rule. 1 week primary, 2 weeks secondary, 3 weeks in bottles.

cheers, loop

When I first started brewing I used True Brew kits and was very happy with them. They seemed very sound and used good quality ingredients and none of that "sugar for malt" substitution. If they meet your needs, I would use them. My main reason for giving them up was that I could shape my beers to my own personal tastes by "rolling my own," not because I had any dissatisfaction with the kits.

i've been using these kits, and a couple others on here have too. i've yet to pick up a secondary but that's next. my only complaint is the yeast doesn't seem to like the basement when it's subzero and snowing.

thanks for the input, i think i will be picking up the American wheat and the canadian ale...this week...

one more thing anyone ever add a fruit extract to one of these kits, my brother goes bonkers for blue point blueberry wheat and was wondering if it can be made by using one of these kits as well
thanks again
anthony

Back