Troubleshooting co2 line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redpappy

Reaction score
I’m trying to figure this out, and would like some suggestions. I have a 3 keg system in a a 5qft freezer. Once I empty a keg I turn the gas off to that keg. I just emptied one keg( Boston ale clone/modified) so I turned the gas off, and went to my next keg( a peach wheat), pour was normal for the length that it has been carbed, however I noticed liquid in the gas line.
When I fill my keg, I have my keg in my keezer and pump it in, I do keep a close eye on the level to make sure it does not come in contact with my co2 tube, I leave
So I’m trying to figure out why I have liquid/condensation in my gas line.
I have done this process for over a year with no issues. So it has me puzzled.

anyone of suggestions on what’s causing it?

Occam would need convincing this isn't simply an over filled keg :)

Unless, of course, you have an unmentioned carbonation stone dangling from the gas diptube...

Cheers!

It's probably just condensation. If you leave the gas line attached to a filled keg you have a very good source of moisture (the beer) that will saturate the atmosphere inside the gas line. As your kegerator cycles on the line can get very cold and it's possible that enough condensation accumulates over time to become visible.

Latest posts

Back