Trouble with Ball Lock Corny Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Alright guys. So I just made the jump to kegging and I'm having an issue. I just kegged my first batch of "Honey, Butter My Sweet Potato Ale" and as I went to hook up the gas line I couldn't do it. I pushed down on the thing as hard as I could and it wouldn't snap it just loosely sits on top. I assume there must be some kind of problem or reason why I can't get it to pop into place. Is there some sort of adjustment that needs to be done? The fountain side, the "out", does fit on the keg with some effort. But the gas I can't get to fit to save my life.

Anyone else have this problem at all?

Sounds like you have the wrong QDs on the wrong lines, while there are some types that allow you to connect to either post, some do not. Have you tried simply switching the QDs to see if they seat properly?

Be sure to depressurize the keg and turn the co2 off as well as make sure your tap is closed, otherwise you can get a beer shower:)

As stated above, there are QDs for the in and the out, they are not the same. Perhaps you have a mismatch? I also suggest some keg lube. Everything works better with lube

Back