Tripod, grills for squeezing makes BIAB outside easy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyclman

I Sell Koalas
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
38D5CE53-AEBD-4114-A50B-977B8B11ADAE.jpeg
6E5C9A3C-6CFC-4CDA-B080-92AE42B7223E.jpeg

That’s a cool idea. I’ve been trying to figure out how I’m doing to do mine now that I don’t have a house with a basketball stand.

Outstanding! I've been using a grate (refrigerator shelf) but still have to lift the basket with one hand and throw the grate under. This would be a huge help.

The tripod looks like a nice solution for being able to brew outdoors wherever you want.

I don't squeeze the bag at all, I just let gravity drain it over the kettle during the entire boil. Only about a cup of liquid is left in the grains. To me that cup is not worth the hot sticky mess of squeezing, regardless of how it's done.

The tripod looks like a nice solution for being able to brew outdoors wherever you want.

I don't squeeze the bag at all, I just let gravity drain it over the kettle during the entire boil. Only about a cup of liquid is left in the grains. To me that cup is not worth the hot sticky mess of squeezing, regardless of how it's done.

This. Gravity is your friend. It's also the law. I obey it.

That grate set up looks amazing for indoor BIAB brewing!

I can't hang do my hang and drip over the stovetop so this could save me a hell of a mess and effort

Unfortunately I do not have a garage any longer, or any kind of ladder. I do have a Lowes close by so I can get some legs to lift it up high enough to drain. Not sure if I should get 8 foot lengths or 10 foot lengths. Hence my question.
8' would suit me, as my ladder isn't even 6', HOWEVER, I pull my kettle off the cast iron burner stand and set on a milk crate for mashing, then to the floor to use the hoist for draining. If I had wanted to locate the tripod over a burner stand, leaving kettle on, I would have had to add burner height to 6' to get new tripod height.

8' would suit me, as my ladder isn't even 6', HOWEVER, I pull my kettle off the cast iron burner stand and set on a milk crate for mashing, then to the floor to use the hoist for draining. If I had wanted to locate the tripod over a burner stand, leaving kettle on, I would have had to add burner height to 6' to get new tripod height.
the top of my burner is at 36” and kettle is 13” high. Adding 6’ would put me at 10’ poles. once I have the kettle full of water, I do not move anything for mash or boil until I dump it in my fermonster. i lift out the bag and let it drain until I insert my wort chille. That answered my question about height but what material would one use? Conduit, black pipe, etc.? Lighter the better I suppose and strong enough to hold 45 pounds of grain and water.

the top of my burner is at 36” and kettle is 13” high. Adding 6’ would put me at 10’ poles. once I have the kettle full of water, I do not move anything for mash or boil until I dump it in my fermonster. i lift out the bag and let it drain until I insert my wort chille. That answered my question about height but what material would one use? Conduit, black pipe, etc.? Lighter the better I suppose and strong enough to hold 45 pounds of grain and water.
Black pipe would be overkill I think personally. Conduit would work fine.

Back