tri clover fittings at scrap prices! interested???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanch

Reaction score
i stumbled on a huge pile of tri clover fittings, pipe and a lot of misc canisters and parts and stuff at my friendly neighborhood scrap yard they only take cash so i only got enough to plumb my rig. It is mostly 7/8 id and 2" couplers there is some larger diameter stuff also if some of you are interested i will go back Monday morning and buy it all maybe a few hundred pounds there has got to be enough to hard line at least a half a dozen rigs. i believe it came from coca cola there is syrup residue on some of it (and it tastes just like cherry cola l-o-l-a lola) ha!! so let me know by tomorrow if you want in on this glorious bounty
758.jpg

757.jpg

DSC_0746.jpg

DSC_0744.jpg

+1 On Bobby's post. Not only is all the tri-clover stuff nice, the full-port stainless ball valves are a good find too. Snatch it up, fleabay the rest, or sell to HBt'ers to cover your costs, and everybody's happy.

Great find.

At scrap prices you'd be a fool not to buy em all.

Compare scrap prices to e-bay prices (used) for what you bought. Do the math...

Whether you sell em on e-bay or here, and whether you sell them for "fair" prices or for triple what ya paid you'll come out ahead. No problem whatsoever with making a few bucks off of your "friends" here.

I am interested. Are you asking if any of us want any? If you are willing to ship I would be up for a at least three maybe 6 fittings depending on price.

yes i will ship to you if necessary. i have decided to buy it all if you are interested make a list of the stuff you want and i will do my best to ablige

we shall see, tomorrow hopfully i will be comiin home with a boatload of tri clover sweet lovin any body who is interested i will post up what i have i will make every body a good deal. and yes i do take credit cards

I'm very interested in the valves. PM me the details. I might be interested in some other stuff too, but definitely interested in the valves.

Very interested in a bunch of your stuff!! Was going to send you a PM, but your mailbox is full ;)...

Beautiful... just beautiful. I wish I knew what to do with it all. I have yet to design my ultimate rig but if I found that stuff it sure would push me a little harder to get there. Good find brother.

the owner of the scrap yard had had his guys pull it all out of the pile for me i will be going to pick it up tomorrow afternoon and then i am heading out of town for the weekend as soon as i get back i will go through it all and price it all out. any body need any any where from s.l.c. ut to mesa az i am taking a bunch of cabinets to arizona and could bring some along if you would like to save on shipping ?

the owner of the scrap yard had had his guys pull it all out of the pile for me i will be going to pick it up tomorrow afternoon and then i am heading out of town for the weekend as soon as i get back i will go through it all and price it all out. any body need any any where from s.l.c. ut to mesa az i am taking a bunch of cabinets to arizona and could bring some along if you would like to save on shipping ?

I might be able to have a friend pick it up. He lives in Park City and works in Salt Lake.

Let me know prices and I will pay you through paypal or something and have him pick it up. His girlfriend lives here in colorado so he swings by pretty often.

Let me know.

sorry i have been out of town and busy as all hell. i was forced to sell a good portion of it to the proprietor of my local home brew supply shop. $400 and 6 cornies i couldn't turn it down i still have quite a bit but i need to lay out my own rig before i start selling it all off.

sorry i have been out of town and busy as all hell. i was forced to sell a good portion of it to the proprietor of my local home brew supply shop. $400 and 6 cornies i couldn't turn it down i still have quite a bit but i need to lay out my own rig before i start selling it all off.

I am an outside observer because I don't need any of the TriClover stuff. You got greedy and let a few people down. I am sure you would have made alot more than that, had you sold it to the guys and gals here, and you would have made a number of homebrewers very happy in the process. All the LHBS is going to do, is sell it at a profit. You made a promise to sell it to the guys and gals here.

we shall see, tomorrow hopfully i will be comiin home with a boatload of tri clover sweet lovin any body who is interested i will post up what i have i will make every body a good deal. and yes i do take credit cards

You just snubbed the very guys and gals that would have offered you primo advice when building your rig. Thats not the way to make friends here.

Yeah i agree with Guy, unless you have a LOT left over; you kinda screwed some people.

Just to be clear sanch - I believe that what's must upsetting to the members here is your lack of communication. Around here if someone says they are going to do something, they do or they communicate that something happened that prevents them from doing the same.

You could have made more money selling the fittings to members here than to your LHBS and probably just as fast.

You just snubbed the very guys and gals that would have offered you primo advice when building your rig. Thats not the way to make friends here.

Yeah pretty much. So much so that even if you do have leftovers I will not want any. I don't like dealing with people like this. Makes me wonder if I gave you money I would see anything in return.

Oh and I would love to know why you were "Forced" to sell the stuff to your lbhs.

You guys are pissed because you didn't get free/cheap stuff?

I apologize if i have upset anyone. This was originally posted to see if there was any interest in this stuff not knowing what it was worth it was hard to justify the expense. I have since done some research and found that this stuff is in demand. I still have a wheelbarrow heaping over with it and there is i large wood bin at the scrap yard that the workers there have been instructed and paid to put all tri clover stuff. The scrap yard is next door to my shop and i know the workers pretty well they come to me for fire wood and i borrow there forklift from time to time and they all have sampled my homebrew. (There will be more) I am a business man most of my decisions are based on profitability i saw an opportunity to make a large profit on a small investment and i took it.
And for those who want to attack my integrity from behind a computer screen my cabinet shop has been in business for 6 years and i have never had to advertise you could call any one of my customers and they would tell you what kind of a person i am. If any one is still interested i will have some for sale soon i am swamped with work so it may take some time to get this stuff rolling hopefully i will have a better selection. :mug:

And for those who want to attack my integrity from behind a computer screen my cabinet shop has been in business for 6 years and i have never had to advertise you could call any one of my customers and they would tell you what kind of a person i am. :mug:

You killed your own integrity pal. Why would anyone here take you for your word when you pulled a move like this and on your profile claim to be a 26 year old female?

The site defaults to the gender of female. If you didn't choose a sex then according to the site you're a chick. We aughta send a message to TxBrew to see if he can add an option of "not answered" and have that rather than female as default. Either that or have the site default to male. Many of us (myself included) were female for a while according to the site...

Lets stop attacking his integrity guys. He owes us nothing. He came here not knowing the value of the fittings and willing to do a few of us a favor by selling the fittings for his price. He discovered the value and has decided to sell them for a fair price (something which some of us encouraged him to do). No different than the vendors here who purchase corny kegs for scrap prices and sell them here. He did drop the ball on communication.

I don't blame Sanch one bit if he later found out that he could turn a decent profit. I just hope he comes through with come more parts and offers them to us here.

Back