tri clover fittings at scrap prices! interested???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with curtis97322

He did drop the ball on communication.

He said he would make items available to people here, he didn't say in what order. I hope he will follow through with that promise.

I've read multiple posts on this site of people saying that you should visit and purchase items from your LHBS. There may be a time when you need that one item that will either make or break your brew day and there is no time to receive it from an internet home brew store. The knowledge people working there will probably be able to help you with a solution to the problem. With the relationship that sanch has set up with his LHBS if he ever has one of those "things are going wrong brew days", I would expect his LHBS would deliver to his front door.

Lets stop attacking his integrity guys. He owes us nothing. He came here not knowing the value of the fittings and willing to do a few of us a favor by selling the fittings for his price. He discovered the value and has decided to sell them for a fair price (something which some of us encouraged him to do). No different than the vendors here who purchase corny kegs for scrap prices and sell them here. He did drop the ball on communication.

I agree that he owes us nothing but I was always taught that the power in a promise, is in keeping it. When you don't keep a promise you put your integrity in question. Enough said.

You guys have got to be kidding me right. You are bitchin and complaining that some random guy on the internet said he would sell you some stuff cheap and then comes back and say's I sold it to the LBS ? Its not like you sent him a deposit on the crap. And then he comes back and states he is getting more and he will go through it and sell it off here and you jump all over him .

I tell you what I sure as hell don't have the cash on hand to buy a few hundred pounds of SS in the hopes that some random guys on the internet will buy it from me . He had an chance to sell some of the stuff and maybe this way he can buy the rest and not take it in the shorts if people say on second thought I don't really need or want the stuff.

I am an outside observer because I don't need any of the TriClover stuff. You got greedy and let a few people down. I am sure you would have made alot more than that, had you sold it to the guys and gals here, and you would have made a number of homebrewers very happy in the process. All the LHBS is going to do, is sell it at a profit. You made a promise to sell it to the guys and gals here.

You just snubbed the very guys and gals that would have offered you primo advice when building your rig. Thats not the way to make friends here.
You killed your own integrity pal. Why would anyone here take you for your word when you pulled a move like this and on your profile claim to be a 26 year old female?

I cannot believe the hate this guy is getting. He doesn't owe any of you anything. He still has plenty of stuff to fullfill any orders you people all feel entitled to although if I was him I wouldn't sell anything to those of you complaining. This isn't a business, it's a guy who found a good deal and was willing to let you in on it IN HIS SPARE TIME. I'm sure he is sorry he was not fast enough and did not post often enough on an internet forum for you all!
And I saw no mention of a PROMISE he ever made. And the default profile is female, he's not trying to scam anyone. :rolleyes: Give me a break!

You guys are pissed because you didn't get free/cheap stuff?

You guys have got to be kidding me right. You are bitchin and complaining that some random guy on the internet said he would sell you some stuff cheap and then comes back and say's I sold it the LBS ? Its not like you sent him a deposit on the crap. And then he comes back and states he is getting more and he will go through it and sell it off here and you jumb all over him .

I tell you what I sure as hell don't have the cash on hand to buy a few hundred pounds of SS in the hopes that some random guys on the internet will buy it from me . He had an chance to sell some of the stuff and maybe this way he can buy the rest and not take it in the shorts if people say on second thought I don't really need or want the stuff.

At least a couple people have some sanity around here. He saw a quick way to unload a lot of it for a nice profit. Who wouldn't do that!

If I posted stuff for sale on here, and found a local buyer before I got the chance to post all the details or even afterwards, I'm going to take it sorry. As long as I don't have anyone's money in hand, it's available to the easiest/best sale. Doesn't make me a bad person, just means I have common sense.

What a bunch of winy children. All the people that complained should go looking at scrap yards for themselves. What have all the moaners done to deserves such cheap fittings?

What a bunch of winy children. All the people that complained should go looking at scrap yards for themselves. What have all the moaners done to deserves such cheap fittings?

I think the point is then. Don't run your mouth on a forum that you want to be a good guy and hook people up. I am sure he gets good help from this site. The post sounded like he wanted to repay people on the forum by hooking them up.

Well he posted before he had the stuff and before he decided to be greedy. Next time don't say sh*t until you have the stuff in your hand and know you are not going to sell it all to someone else.

He had gotten peoples hopes up. Then changed his mind. I am not pissed I am not getting "stuff". I am pissed that he would post something, give us a story about his trip and that it is no problem to ship and the date he was going to have the stuff..................Then Nothing. No post, nothing until he says Oh sorry I sold it all for a huge profit.

Not cool is all people are saying.

Oh: and I go looking for stuff all the time. I also like to hook people up when I can. If I were a whiny ***** who did not want to help people out I would have never offered to have HBT patches made and hook people up. They are in the mail now ready to be shipped to people on the forum next week.

You may have a valid argument Brewmoor, IF he didn't have a ton more of this stuff still to offer the people he offered it to in the first place.

He was posting to be nice to let people in on his good deal find, and he is still doing that. He just sold some locally first. No broken promises or lost integrity, at least on his part. Those of you whining and I can't say them for about your integrity.

But Mommy, He said I could have it first, now I have to wait and get it second, I want a golden egg NOW Daddy! Christ

And the only "people" complaining are 2, so maybe stop and think about the general opinion of the majority about how you're acting.

Ok, you stumble on a bunch of stainless fittings you can get for cheap. You don't know what the demand for them is. You post a message on a forum you visit on occasion to see if there is any interest. All of a sudden, a ton of people want it. Then one day, you mention to your LHBS you found a bunch of fittings for cheap. He offers to buy it all. Your options are:

1. unload it all for a good price and no hastle.
2. go through a few months of checking a thread, getting pm's, boxing up individual orders, reciving payments, following up on orders that might not have gotten delivered etc.

What would you do.

Ok, you stumble on a bunch of stainless fittings you can get for cheap. You don't know what the demand for them is. You post a message on a forum you visit on occasion to see if there is any interest. All of a sudden, a ton of people want it. Then one day, you mention to your LHBS you found a bunch of fittings for cheap. He offers to buy it all. Your options are:

1. unload it all for a good price and no hastle.
2. go through a few months of checking a thread, getting pm's, boxing up individual orders, reciving payments, following up on orders that might not have gotten delivered etc.

What would you do.

I live by Karma. No good deed goes unrewarded. I would do number 3

Pick out what I need. Sell off what I can to the people I offered it to, then sell the rest to the LHBS.....In that order.

Wow, he did say he had some more so any attacks, if valid at all (which I think they are not), are very premature. At least wait until you KNOW he doesn't have fittings to sell.

Freaking bitches, damn.

WOW I cant quite express how i feel about all this. i had no idea people would be so offended. I came to this site because people seemed so supportive and helpful and they have been, i keep my eye out for things the fellow members are looking for and try to give advice when i feel i have merit to. you are the people i turn to for advice and encouragement. and are the last people i would want to offend and or piss off in any way. I am throwing out my black list and i am willing to help anywhere i can.:eek:

btw i will trade fittings for membership dues

You did nothing wrong man! Dont let that whiny drama queen ***** get to ya. Must be the thin air.

some of you are showing you true colors... that of whiny bitches...

The guy made some money leave him alone... find your own golden egg jeez. Get over yourselves. this is rediculous. Have you gone to your scrap yard yet? maybe you have the same gem he found... find it for yourself you greedy selfish brats.

Wow I remember reading this thread when it first started and everything was great. Seems to have turned into a giant pissing match. Let's turn the thread back into the golden rainbow it was! Smiles and cheer for everyone!

I don't think people use this emoticon enough :fro:

EDIT:Was drinking last night. Feel bad about my tone in the post. Drank way too much vino and jumped on the internets. I got upset when he was jumped for the female in the profile & somebody asked if he would have been robbed if he sent the money. Give the guy a break. Ask nicely and it sounds the guy might still hook you up in the future. Nobody was promised anything (unless it happened in PMs that I'm not privy to).

I have no idea what the etiquette on the complete post edit is. Nothing that bad in it. Just a bit harsher than I normally am. I can put the original back if wanted.

WoW....... Sure are a lot of Trolls on this site. If you look back at the thread. It did not go south until others started chiming in about others being whiney.

Sanch,

I don't care what you do. I missed my oppurtinity anyway. My buddy from park city is at my house right now. All we were asking for was communication. Nobody is pissed at you. In fact I am sure nobody even cares about this. Next time just keep us in the loop. It has been a few weeks since your first post. Just let everyone know your plans and I am sure all will be well. Maybe ask to have the thread locked or removed. Start a new post with the title.

Hey I have Tri Clovers who wants some?

As for the rest of you. Go out and brew or get laid. Do something besides drum up more drama. Its over. Done.

First communication on 10/25/2009. Second communication on 10/27/2009. Third communication on 11/07/2009, apologized for late response, states been busy and out of town. States he still has quite a bit of stuff even though he sold some to LHBS.

After that bitches start complaining. Thread has clearly started to go downhill. Please read the thread in its entirety before bitching about when people start bitching and who is doing the bitching. I suggest you follow your own advice and stop bitching.

yes i have some left but cataloging it all is a daunting task it is an odd bunch of stuff mostly good stuff if you pm me with specific requests i will do my best to oblige i don't want to take pictures and put it all up for sale yet because i am still working on my own rig if my pm box is full sorry it only holds 5 and i cant reply then delete until i write down the reply on paper then delete the messages then type the reply's then delete those so keep trying

i have not posted the inventory because i am still piecing my own cart together and don't want to post something and the decide i need it. i don't have any small valves i do have a lot of larger diameter stuff with some valves a few air actuated 2"id and up that i know i wont use. a lot of pipe sections most with a 2" tri clover at one end 7/8 id this is the 316 seamless stuff they cut them into sections at the scrap yard about 3 to 4 feet long and about twenty pin lock cornies it did all come from a coke plant and most of the cornies still have pressure just pm me and be specific and i will see what i have. will try to keep up with my inbox thanks for the patience i have to make a little more money back before i can pay for membership i will have a little time this weekend to pack stuff upif you get an order in by then

i have not posted the inventory because i am still piecing my own cart together and don't want to post something and the decide i need it. i don't have any small valves i do have a lot of larger diameter stuff with some valves a few air actuated 2"id and up that i know i wont use. a lot of pipe sections most with a 2" tri clover at one end 7/8 id this is the 316 seamless stuff they cut them into sections at the scrap yard about 3 to 4 feet long and about twenty pin lock cornies it did all come from a coke plant and most of the cornies still have pressure just pm me and be specific and i will see what i have. will try to keep up with my inbox thanks for the patience i have to make a little more money back before i can pay for membership i will have a little time this weekend to pack stuff upif you get an order in by then

Hey Sanch, did you ever get my email?

Back