Travelling to AZ any advice???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ethangray19

Reaction score
I will be in AZ this coming weekend.

Any good brewpubs, breweries, or stores to find good beer that anyone can reccomend??

thanks

PHX area is over 250 sq miles.
Other than the previously mentioned Four Peaks- which currently has a Gose on tap, I'd say

http://papagobrewing.com/ in North Tempe/South Scottsdale which is in the BA top 100 beer bars in the country.
http://sonorabrewhouse.com/sonora/ which is on Camelback and 3rd.

In PHX downtown... The Roosevelt is a good bar but mostly left coast beers with which you've already had. Also the Lost Leaf.

There's Delux Burger in the Biltmore area. Good late night food and excellent beer selection in the LA mode.

Then we have our chains such as the Yard house, Gordon Biersh, Rock Bottom, BJs, etc. which have several locations.

As for beer stores, Tops Liquor or Sundevil Liquor.

Really it depends on where in the valley your talking.

Papago Brewing has a really amazing tangerine hefe, which is like drinking an beer half&half bar. Fantastic beer. They also have a cast conditioned IPA which is also great. Quant and cute lil place.

Yes there is Bevmo in az not, not too many but several.

They are a little spread out around the town a search i did showed three for Phoenix.

Scottsdale, Glendale, Chandler

Tops liquor in Tempe was awesome, thanks for the tip. Is there anyplace like that in the LA Ventura Area??

Also Papagobrewing was the bomb, any place like that in the LA area??

When I lived there I enjoyed 4 Peaks in Tempe and Sun Devil Liquors in Mesa.

Sun Devil is a store with a tasting room downstairs that attracts both wine and beer conniseurs.

Back