trade plastic gas dip for metal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

half_full

Reaction score
I just picked up three more kegs. Two have plastic dip tubes that are in good shape. I'd rather have metal just to keep everything similar in all my equipment. I have drilled one keg already to change over from plastic to metal and will drill these two also.
So, if you would be willing to mail me 2 metal gas dip tubes in good shape, I'll return the favor by sending you 2 plastic ones.
If no takers, I'll just wait till my next Norther Brewer order. Just hate to pay $7.99 shipping for $7.00 in parts and I know the plastic tubes are hard to find.

I'll check back in a day or so for responses.

Cheers to all.
Coffee porter on tap for tonight and fillets ready for the grill :mug:

I've got several kegs with those stupid plastic dip tubes. On mine, the end of the plastic tube has a narrower diameter than the standard metal dip tube, and standard metal tubes won't fit past the narrow part of the opening.

I was extremely unhappy when I figured that out.

After some research, I found I had basically two options: 1.) do nothing or 2.) cut down some metal dip tubes to between 1/4 and 1/2 inches to just reach the point where the opening narrows. So far, I've gone with option 1, as it is the least effort on my part with minimal risk.

I was unable to find a source for the plastic dip tubes. If you find one, please let me know.

I've got several kegs with those stupid plastic dip tubes. On mine, the end of the plastic tube has a narrower diameter than the standard metal dip tube, and standard metal tubes won't fit past the narrow part of the opening.

I was extremely unhappy when I figured that out.

After some research, I found I had basically two options: 1.) do nothing or 2.) cut down some metal dip tubes to between 1/4 and 1/2 inches to just reach the point where the opening narrows. So far, I've gone with option 1, as it is the least effort on my part with minimal risk.

I was unable to find a source for the plastic dip tubes. If you find one, please let me know.

Hence, why the OP mentioned he's already drilled out the post to receive metal tubes. i.e.: Option 3.

Back