Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went shopping this evening. It was a little bittersweet to see the Prairie Christmas Bomb on the shelves today, as I just sent out an eMAW yesterday and would have tossed one in if I had waited a bit longer... :/

20151111_210953.jpg

Got a ridiculously rockin box from BigPerm. Can't wait to try some of these in a couple days and a couple of these in a year or so. He shall be receiving goodies early next week. Sorry it took forever for me to post these. Wedding reception last night and woke up with a respiratory infection of sorts this morning. Anyways. Thanks again. Super stoked. Prost!

View attachment 1447551391497.jpg

View attachment 1447551402751.jpg

Got a ridiculously rockin box from BigPerm. Can't wait to try some of these in a couple days and a couple of these in a year or so. He shall be receiving goodies early next week. Sorry it took forever for me to post these. Wedding reception last night and woke up with a respiratory infection of sorts this morning. Anyways. Thanks again. Super stoked. Prost!

I thought that By Udder Means was really good. I thought they would have played up the fact that it is aged in Calvados barrels.

I thought that By Udder Means was really good. I thought they would have played up the fact that it is aged in Calvados barrels.

That version was aged in Muscat barrels. It was fantastic. Enjoy @medicmang !

That version was aged in Muscat barrels. It was fantastic. Enjoy @medicmang !

You are correct, I don't know where I got Calvados from. There was three left on the shelf yesterday, I guess I should pick a couple more up

You are correct, I don't know where I got Calvados from. There was three left on the shelf yesterday, I guess I should pick a couple more up

They should have done Calvados too. Damn that sounds good.

They should have done Calvados too. Damn that sounds good.

I've been trying to figure out where I got calvados from, and finally figured it out. The wood aged St Bernardus Abt 12 was aged in calvados barrels.

I'm very curious how you are able to get that much Cantillon, I'd love to know how if you're willing to give the details.

It's right there in the post you quoted--Trades and purchases.

For more detail- knowing that the brewery had already sold out of most stuff I set up a bunch of trades over the past month or so. I took 3x 12 bottle shippers full of beer and did 6 trades with people from Belgium and France. Some of them I had previously traded with on trips to Belgium. I wi say it was a pain in the ass to coordinate and meet up with all of them and I won't be setting up that many next trip. The trades are where most of the more rare stuff like Zenne, OGV, hommage, Seasons, old Rodenbach, and 9 of the Fou, the LPK and LPG, the Shaerbeekse Kriek, and the Mamouche came from. It was a nice surprise when Cantillon sold Fou Foune and Lou Pepe Framboise 3 bottles per person during open brew day, and also had Rose and Gueuze 3 bottles per person. The De Cam, boon, 3F Kriek, and 375ml Cantillons and 3F were bought in bottle shops.

It's right there in the post you quoted--Trades and purchases.

For more detail- knowing that the brewery had already sold out of most stuff I set up a bunch of trades over the past month or so. I took 3x 12 bottle shippers full of beer and did 6 trades with people from Belgium and France. Some of them I had previously traded with on trips to Belgium. I wi say it was a pain in the ass to coordinate and meet up with all of them and I won't be setting up that many next trip. The trades are where most of the more rare stuff like Zenne, OGV, hommage, Seasons, old Rodenbach, and 9 of the Fou, the LPK and LPG, the Shaerbeekse Kriek, and the Mamouche came from. It was a nice surprise when Cantillon sold Fou Foune and Lou Pepe Framboise 3 bottles per person during open brew day, and also had Rose and Gueuze 3 bottles per person. The De Cam, boon, 3F Kriek, and 375ml Cantillons and 3F were bought in bottle shops.

Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure if the trades were international or if there was somewhere in the US getting that much Cantillon. I can't find any near me I know that much. I really need to get into this trading thing

Got lucky on that, traded for a bunch, then they ended up selling another 3pp of it and LPF at public brew day.

throughout all your posts... i keep wondering what the hell your cellar looks like LOL

care to share a picture?!

So, a few weeks ago I picked up a couple of Upland Sours for @BeerMeDuffMan along with my own. Apparently he was happy with it, because he bombed my porch! Totally unnecessary, but highly appreciated! Can't wait to fight off my wife for the bacon jelly. The generosity on this site has no limits - guess I'll go dig into my own big box of yum!

Thanks again, DuffMan! Cheers!
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1447899927.236500.jpg

So, a few weeks ago I picked up a couple of Upland Sours for @BeerMeDuffMan along with my own. Apparently he was happy with it, because he bombed my porch! Totally unnecessary, but highly appreciated! Can't wait to fight off my wife for the bacon jelly. The generosity on this site has no limits - guess I'll go dig into my own big box of yum!

Thanks again, DuffMan! Cheers!
View attachment 317034

Mmm bacon jam

What's the technical difference between jam and jelly? My expertise in the area is limited.

FWIW - it says bacon jam. I haven't tried it yet.

in the traditional sense, jam has chunks of fruit in it (vs. jelly which is juice and pectin.) So for this, I'd say it is jam if there are bacon bits present. And please, don't say you're not sure - how could you not have used that on something within 5 minutes of unpacking it?!

in the traditional sense, jam has chunks of fruit in it (vs. jelly which is juice and pectin.) So for this, I'd say it is jam if there are bacon bits present. And please, don't say you're not sure - how could you not have used that on something within 5 minutes of unpacking it?!

The wealth of knowledge on this site in tangible and impressive. [emoji12]

I don't have a great excuse, except for the sinus infection that's preventing proper taste perception. It's staring at me though....

So, slightly off topic question. Does anyone think a $60 bottle of rare is gonna be worth it? I want to say no, but FOMO.

If you think its a good deal then it is. For me no. No beer is worth that amount though I have spent that much and more for a beer. That is retarded because its not a small amount like last time they release it and its not pappy though 35yr old whiskey which wont bring too much to the table like fresh or early aged whiskey. I'll say no but if you want it then yes.

Back