tower of power

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icebob

Reaction score
I've been eyeballing that SOB for a while but the price, so far prevent my finger to hit the buy it now button! Is there any alternative that will give the same function? all my googling always get back to the tower of power... Thx in advance

apparently some people, smarter than me, have built similar devices but i have not seen any other home brewer level devices for sale anywhere. i bought just one module without the stand for my mash tun, the stand seems like a waste of a lot of money to me and i don't need a controller for the HLT. it has worked great for me and i wouldn't want to brew without one.

Just bit the bullet and order one.... Would you mind telling/pics of how you got it setup?

Just bit the bullet and order one.... Would you mind telling/pics of how you got it setup?

did you buy just the module or the complete stand? i just bough one module without the stand.

i think i had to buy a stainless steel T to put the temperature probe into. they provide a threaded bushing that goes into the T and the probe threads into that bushing. once you get the bushing in it's pretty hard to get back out so if it leaks you have to find a way to get it back out or order another bushing ($5 i think, i did buy a spare). use a good, thick teflon tape on the bushing before threading into the stainless T, very important. blichmann says NOT to use teflon tape on the sensor threads, it has a silicon O ring that seals tight against the bushing. as far as the module there isn't much to do but set the temperature, hit enter then start recirculating.

this is what mine looks like. i pump from the mash tun though the lower pump fitting then up to the top of the mash tun where i have a lok line fitted to the inside of the tun.

20140731_203411-L.jpg

20140731_203458-L.jpg

funny $hit! i just ordered the module,which I received today, but my son just told me don't go try to install it now, I ordered you that LTE stand you were looking at... that will save you 3 trips to homedepot when you try to put the $hit together!!!

Back