Tower conversion. Check my math

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kupermanp

Reaction score
So I just bought a True kegorator (TDD-1) off craigslist for reasonably cheap.:rockin: It came with the single tower. The original tower is a little worse for the wear so i am going to replace it. I am planning on converting to a three tap tower and I want to make sure I've got everything covered. I am going to be using one tap for soda and the other two for beer. I want to be abe to dispense three kegs and be able to carb a fourth (the fridge will hold 4 ) at the same time. I have a C02 tank and a regulator. The kegorator has a knockout so I was gong to keep the tank on the outside. So based on my research I need

Three tap tower
3 Faucets - I was going to go with the perlicks because I may not drink every day. With flow control (just because)
Secondary regulator (for the soda) and an air distributor (for the beer). Or a set of four secondary regulators if I want to get fancy
Gas lines One from the tank to the secondary/distributer 4 lines from the secondary/distributer (one for each keg). I've been reading it may be useful to make the cabonation line a little longer (6ft) so you can pull out the keg for shaking
3 beer lines. These should be 8-10ft
MFL connections to the lines for ease of connection/disconection
4 Kegs
Tap handles

Anything I forgot? Any recommendations on places to purchase from? Also, it came with a standard tap and a keg. If I want to keep the option of using comercial kegs I just need to get an MFL fittings for the keg tap and just attach the lines as needed?

Thanks
Paul

Back