Total Years of Experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WOP31

Reaction score
I got to thinking and was wondering how many years of experince there are in this forum. I thought that we could post a few different stats all in one thread. I will start with mine & just add yours to keep a running total. Feel free to add other information that maybe interesting as well.

Total time (yrs/mos) brewing: 6 yr 4 mo
Extract Experience: 5 yr
All Grain Experince: 1 yr 4 mo
Estimated # of Batches:
Extract: ~70
All Grain: ~20
Number of Corny Kegs: 8
# of fridges dedicated to beer: 2
# of fermentors (glass/plastic/bucket): 7

Cheers

That's alot of math.

How 'bout starting simple
Total time (yrs/mos) brewing:
10 Years 6 Months Mosty extract

Thread total:

17 Years

14 year span with a 5 year hiatus (I did not brew when I lived in Germany)...so 9 years (next month).

32 batches last year...24 so far this year...

25 cornies, 2 dedicated beer fridges...another one planned...

Thread total 26 years...

hmmm.

Total time brewing: 2 months
Extract experience: 5 batches
All grain: This weekend!!
no kegs, no dedicated refrigerators.
3 6.5 gallon, 2 5 gallon carboys and a couple buckets that I am sure would work if I needed to brew a 6th beer for some reason.

Thread total 27.7 years!

Started 10-01, took off 9 months for personal reasons in July 2002, so that puts me exacly at:

5.0 years

All grain
All S/S mashing & boiling equip. (3 - 12.50 gal S/S pots)
Dedicated storage shed attached to house for equipment - had to build SWMBO one for her garden stuff so it would not comingle with my good stuff.
Home made S/S fermenter & brite tank
2 - 5.0 cu ft chest freezers w/johnson thermostats
(1 for storage, other for fermentation)
1 - 4.9 cu ft Sanyo Kegerator dual tower, shirron faucets
9 - 5 gal corny kegs
4 - 3 gal corny kegs (fine little things)
1 - refractometer (have to get this - well worth the money)
1 - magnetic stirrer (large, lab quality for $ 45 incl'd delivery - ebay)
40+AG batches (took 9 months off and hurricane Katrina lost 6 months)

Tons of S/S fittings, lab glassware, too much to mention here........

Every month goes buy and I think, "I don't think I need anything else" - right.

Did 3 months of extract/partial, and went to all grain. Did bucket-in-bucket and tried to do decoction mash. (hey *******, what are you thinking ???) Wound up liking ales and mainly do them.

Well, just snake a tube down her nose and I'll be there in four or five hours............(Dr. Beeper - Caddyshack)

4-1/2 years, 62 batches (10 extract w/ grains, 52 all-grain). 465 gallons and counting. :drunk:

44-1/2 years thread total.

I'm on my 3rd year (2.5) so will call it 3. 10 batches extract and 40 AG. I thought I did more....

3 years, 44 brews, 2 buckets, 1 - 6.5 carboy, 3 - 5 gallon carboys, 4 - 3 gallon carboys, 5 kegs, 1 kegerator, 1 fermentation fridge.

120 Years

Moogerfooger!!!

lets see....started in late '93 and have been brewing off and on ever since. 14 years, lets chop that in half for all the gaps and lazy periods.

Back