Total rookie from the Pacific Northwest!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danimal2208

Reaction score
Greetings everyone. I am new the the home brew game. I am located in the Eugene, oregon area. I am from Eatern Washington and Western Montana. I am very excited to get started. I am still in the research and gathering equipment stage. I have been around people that have made their own beer and have always been interested. I was looking for a hobby that I can use my brain andbe constructive. I am excited to be here and I will read, read, read and then ask questions. I am hoping to be ready to brew around the beginning of July. I am interested in darker beer. Porter, Stouts and nut brown ale...

Thanks Danimal

Greetings Danimal,

I too am new to the art and also in the Pacific Northwest, in Puyallup Washington if you know where that is. I started in April and have brewed two beers thus far, a brown porter and an India Pale Ale. The porter is bottled and going fast and is much, much better than I had hoped my first beer would be. When I pony up the dough and become a REAL member of this site I'll post a pic or two. I read and re-read 'How to Brew' by Palmer as my guide, and of course read posts on this board extensively. My first brew was an all extract, the second a specialty grain steep/extract. I will be moving on to all grain soon. I have purchased two plastic buckets for fermenting, two glass carboys as well, a turkey-fryer burner from GI Joes to boil outside, various brew gadgets including a hydrometer, and I also now have five cornie kegs and some hardware for building a kegerator. I just got a co2 cannister and regulator for Father's Day. This is a great hobby! Stay in touch and let me know how you're faring.

Bugleboy

Great I know where that is for sure but I wont spell it!! ;) I am envious of all your new "toys" I aspire to do the kegging and have an outside cooking area. I have 3 glass carboys and I brewed an all extract porter kit last night. I had a heck of a time getting the temp down. I can see a wort chiller for sure in my future. I did a 2 1/2 gallon boil and then added to the carboy after I had the temp down of the wort. I have a blow off tube on and I am waiting for some action. I keep second guessing myself thinking oh man!!! You blew it. :) I think I started off wrong by not having a beer while I brewed.

Thanks Dan

Latest posts

Back