Topsflo TD5 Not Working

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d40dave

Reaction score
I have a Topsflo TD5 pump that died today. The power adapter is OK. It makes no sound at all like power bad. Any ideas, thanks.

I ended up taking it apart and cleaning it, that fixed it. There was one small washer that I'm not 100% sure where it goes. I'm pretty sure it goes ion the impeller shaft after the impeller. Thanks.

There was one small washer that I'm not 100% sure where it goes. I'm pretty sure it goes ion the impeller shaft after the impeller.
Probably a thrust washer.
Yes, it goes on the end of the shaft, so it ends up between the impeller and the housing.

Thrust washers tend to wear out, and need to be replaced periodically.
Clean and inspect more frequently...

Thanks IslandLizard. I'm not sure where to get a new thrush washer. I will do a better job of cleaning it.

Thanks IslandLizard. I'm not sure where to get a new thrush washer. I will do a better job of cleaning it.
They're usually available from the pump manufacturer. If you have one to measure, or know the right size you can buy a 20-100-pack from 3rd party sellers. Thrust washers are typically made of Teflon (PTFE).

I really wish pumps came with a dozen or so thrust washers when you buy them... a couple dollar's worth of security for a foreseeable future on a $100-200 pump.

Back