Topping off keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnK93

Reaction score
Hi all,
I ended up with 6 gallons of my Oktoberfest this year after lagering 5 gallons in a carbon and the last gallon in a 1 gallon glass jug...same exact beer. I kegged the first 5 gallons and now that the 5 gallon keg is about half full, I'm wondering if I can rack the last gallon into the keg.

Any reason not to, or should I just bottle the last gallon?

Thanks,
John

I would taste it before combining, just to make sure they really are the same and you didn't get something weird like an infection in the 1 gallon batch. But otherwise yeah I would say go for it if you want.

no reason not to but I always see that as a reason to bottle a few and put them way back in the back of my closet.
If you don't label them makes for some fun trying to figure out what it is a year down the road.

Thanks...Oktoberfest party next weekend, so I want to make sure I don't kick the keg. I definitely have some mystery bottles in my fridge!

Back