Top 10 Bands you would see (Time Machine Required)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ize said:
I saw Deep Purple when they actually got Blackmore to behave for a tour in support of "Perfect Strangers". ("Highway Star" AND "Difficult To Cure" live in one night? Amazing.)
Ize

Hey! I had tickets for that tour but Blackmore fell off the stage and broke his hand a few days before my show so they refunded the tickets. :mad:

Id like to add Iggy Pop, and Frank Zappa to my list...

AC/DC w/Bon (I've seen them 4 times with Brian)
Tom Waits
Tesla- they were recently in my area and I missed it once again.
Led Zep
Sublime (I saw the "All-Stars" and it wasn't worth it. But Primus played the same show so it was ok.)

Almost every other band that I ever liked / loved I've seen.
G 'n' R Opened for The Cult at the Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium in '87(?). No one knew who they were.
Suicidal Tendencies at the local "dance club " several years ago.
Several "Monster's Of Rock" tours in the late '80's in the Bay Area.
I miss my youth. And living somewhere that is on a bands tour list.

Torben Ulrich said:
Hey! I had tickets for that tour but Blackmore fell off the stage and broke his hand a few days before my show so they refunded the tickets. :mad:

I'd be pissed too, it still ranks as one of my top concerts.

I am rethinking my choice of 1973 on the Zep show. If you haven't had a chance to check out the disc (From How the West Was Won DVD) with their 1970 Royal Albert Hall set, do. Man, they really looked like they were having a good time. It's been a while since I've watched it. Tons of great music came in the years after, but at that point, they were just a band.

And a freaking amazing one.

Ize

Iron Maiden
Dio
Black Sabbath
Old Metallica
Guns N Roses
The Cult
Yes
Pink Floyd
Kiss
Pearl Jam

I forgot Joy Division as well, would be interesting to attend one of their concerts in some hole in the wall pub way back when.

I saw Zappa in '79. Amazing. Saw Iggy in '86 or '87 open for the Pretenders. What a riot. Saw the Sex Pistols in Tulsa in '78 or '79 (I was experimenting at the time!) absolutley unbelievable.

Here's one that occurs tomorrow:

Ennio Morricone

An exclusive evening of music with legendary Italian film composer Ennio Morricone, at Radio City Music Hall in New York on February 3, 2007.

This is the first and only US concert to be performed by the 78 year-old maestro.

Mr. Morricone will conduct a 200-piece orchestra and choir through a repertoire drawn from his numerous well-known film scores. The concert will be telecast live internationally and will be recorded for DVD release.

Ennio Morricone is the internationally celebrated composer of over 400 film scores during a 45-year career. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, The Mission, Once Upon a Time in America, The Untouchables, and Cinema Paradiso are but a few examples of his outstanding work. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly remains the most recognized score ever associated with the ‘spaghetti western' film genre.

Morricone is also known for his highly successful creative partnerships with film directors Sergio Leone, Bernardo Bertolucci, Gillo Pontecorvo and Guiliano Montaldo, among others. He is the recipient of five Academy Award nominations and has won dozens of prestigious international awards for his work.

Especially revered by his fellow musicians, Morricone is constantly being discovered by new admirers. Sting, John Zorn, Bruce Springsteen, Yo-Yo Ma, Elton John, Metallica and Morrissey represent a handful of the many artists who have recorded Morricone's music.

Ticket prices range from $60 to $200.

Back