Too vigorous?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Safa

Reaction score
Brewer a 1.047 dry Irish stout yesterday. Pitched 2l starter of 1084 Irish ale 24 hours ago into 65 degree wort. Set my fridge temp controller to 17, and I come home from work to this!

Even though the temp is on the low side of the range, I've never seen bubbles coming this fast before. This normal for you guys, or should I drop the temp a little bit?

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1456193175.896036.jpg

Sorry, was meant to be a gif, not sure why it isn't working. Getting 2-3 bubbles a second.

Thanks Nathan!

Apparently taking a break from brewing results in beginner level neurosis when you return

I'm not sure said neurosis will ever go away for me. I was at Heretic brewing earlier this month for a release and we got to get our growlers filled direct from the fermentor. It took me a while to figure out while standing in line but I eventually realized one of their fermentors had a hose going into a five gallon bucket which was bubbling so vigorously it was causing a little bit of water to splash out of the bucket. Made me think my fermentations could be better :)

-- Nathan

Good point! I remember someone in here saying something like "monks brewed beer hundreds of years before starsan, outside, next to a river. Quit your fussing, it'll be fine."

Back