Too much good beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dantodd

Reaction score
Damn.

We went on our regular trip up to Wine Country. On the way home we stopped in Santa Rosa and visited Vinnie at Russian River. The music was too loud for my son so we had to skip on munchies there. I did manage to fill up a growler on the way out though.

Now I have 2 liters of Pliny the Younger and no one to share it with. I don't think I can drink the whole growler and I don't want it going bad...

I guess there are worse problems to have! :D

Does Russian River bottle anything? I thought I heard that they didn't. If anyone has access to any of their products, I would *LOVE* to do a swap.

They do bottle quite a bit of their beer. I'll take a look at a couple of the local grocery stores. We can probably work something out. Alpha king, dales etc. not available out here will do nicely. I also have access to Alesmith if you want.

Does Russian River bottle anything? I thought I heard that they didn't. If anyone has access to any of their products, I would *LOVE* to do a swap.

They don't bottle Pliney. I believe they only bottle their Belgian Styles, at least that's all I've been able to find. I currently have bottles of Temptation and Beatification. Drank all of my Damnation and Salvation.

Just cracked this bad boy open. I've had issues with huge beers in the past. Often they are all hop and nothing else going for them.

This is not the case with Pliny the Younger.
According to the chalkboard at RR:

OG: 1.092
ABV: 11%
IBU: "gobs"

This is an incredibly balanced beer and has a ton of citrus and floral on the nose. This is also well balanced with the perfect amount of malt. There is no hot alcohol on the nose or taste. Overall this triple IPA is better balanced than 99% of the double IPA's I have tried.

I am half way through my 2 liter growler right now so I'm feeling good and I should be feeling even better by the time I finish it tonight!

dantodd said:
Now I have 2 liters of Pliny the Younger and no one to share it with. I don't think I can drink the whole growler and I don't want it going bad...
*Slurp*

*Chug*

dantodd said:
I am half way through my 2 liter growler right now so I'm feeling good and I should be feeling even better by the time I finish it tonight!
What a difference half a growler makes.

:p

DAmn, now I'm 2/3rds the way done and I am pretty sure I'll be out before the the growler's empty. now I sort of wish I'd stopped at 1/2 so I can have as much enojyment tomorrow.

I left the typos just because they please me in my pleasnlty buzzed state.

Back