Too late to bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theheadonthedoor

Reaction score
So I wanted to bottle yesterday. i got everything transferred over and santized and ready to go.

One problem.

My bottle capper was at a friend's and I had to go to work soon.

So I transferred everything back over. Still with the sugar and everything in there. My friend was suppose to bring the capper last night so I could do it after work, but he forgot.

I have a kegging system too and it already is in a keg, but I would rather bottle this batch. Will I need to add more sugar now, as some C02 I take it will be lost upon transferring? Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks, guys.

The way I see it, you have two options.

If I were you, I would just let the beer carb in the keg and then bottle them from there. I have bottled plenty of beer from the keg and it works great and you don't have to deal with the sediment at the bottom of the bottle.

Or you could let the beer run through your priming sugar, being sure to bleed the keg often so it does not carbonate. Then re-prime the beer and bottle. You will have to wait a bit longer because you risk over carbonating or making bottle bombs if there is still some sugar let over from the first prime.

Latest posts

Back