Toasted Corn Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NMSU4ever

Reaction score
As anyone ever tried to make a darker version of Corona? Not my favorite beer, but they have never sold a dark version of it. Thanks.:tank:

I just realized corn is taboo. Well I still wonder if you could make a darker version of a beer like this.

I read it another post. Here on this site. Thanks for responding krackin. I have so many ideas about brewing. I am just trying to learn. Thanks.

There are a few good posts on here about using corn. I'll be malting some of my own farm raised sweet corn in a couple of months.

Most don't seem to know how to use corn in a brew so they have to discount it due to their ignorance, you see that a lot. This is a great site to learn and glean new ideas.

I believe long time member and brewer Revvy has tried some pretty exotic corn brews, try a search for them. Also Yooper is far beyond just 'experienced' in brewing and has made excellent input on her results. Somewhere on here are a couple of guys that were malting popcorn too. Cool stuff.

In the future I would like to brew a dark corn beer. No distillation. JUST BEER FROM IT! Thanks again! I am always thinking of dark beer! LOL!! Thanks krackin.

BierMuncher's "Cream of Three Crops" is a highly touted, massively brewed recipe that relies heavily on corn and rice. A very good beer to get a new brewer started in all grain brewing. Give it a try and you won't have a problem admiting that corn has a role in home brewing.

:tank: BierMuncher for President:tank:

Thanks BierMuncher! You have my vote! LOL! I don't know where your recipe is at.

Not sure it's what you are looking for though, it's very light but i could be interested in the direction your headed.
Then again i like most liquids that are beer,LOL

It is an experiment on a small scale. I really appreciate this. I will have to go stores now and let the figuring begin! As Tom T. Hall sings...I LOVE BEER!!! Thanks!:D I just found out it can be done with some enzymes and a little tweaking. Thank y'all for getting me motivated!

Someone told me today that Negro Modelo is a corn based dark beer. I don't know if that is true.

Someone told me today that Negro Modelo is a corn based dark beer. I don't know if that is true.

Not true. Negra Modelo is a Vienna. I wouldn't have any idea how to incorporate toasted corn other than flaked corn but I encourage your exploration, its why we brew our own beer right?! To make exactly what we want. Gotta say I'm curious to see what you come up with.

Thanks Fuzzymittenbrewing. I need to do homework on this project, I want to do 3 separate batches and see the result! THANKS!

Back