To rack ir not.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riddei

Reaction score
So I Have a pale ale in primary( bucket type) and I am brewing again this weekend. A gluten free pale ale for SWMBO. Should I rack the week old batch to my Carboy and ferment the new batch in the bucket type or just ferment the gfpa in the better bottle. Keep inning there is almost no krausen on a gf brew.

I'd put the new one in the carboy. It's too early to rack the pale. BTW a tablespoon of dye free oxiclean does an excellent job of removing krausen gunk from inside of carboys ;)

Ferment SWMBO's pale in the BB, leave your pale in the.. pail? :D

Do use a blowoff tube though if it's a better bottle to be safe, not a lot of room in those things. Cheers!

Depends just how sensitive she is to Gluten. If she is very sensitive the you should get a new fermenter for her brew. I have sevral family members that have celiac and they are very sensitive. My mother even has a seperate toaster for her bread (GF) becuase she is very sensitive to gluten.

She's a celiac too, but we are pretty good about cleaning everything. I used all the same line and fermenters for the gf hefe I made and everything was fine. That is the plan for the future though. Separate line and fermenters and other equip, but for now it is heavy washing and rinsing and washing again and the starsan

Back