To my Fellow Newbs - Bottling gets easier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcreveli

Reaction score
If your like me then you may have had challenges during your first few bottling sessions even with the awesome guide by Revy.

Today I bottled my 4th batch and it was by far the easiest and quickest. I started siphoning into my bottling buck at 8pm, by 9:30 I had everything put into the basement and was filling my buckets with Oxyclean.

Nothing major changed in process I'm just finding little tweaks and getting better at scheduling tasks.

Don't give up hope I would say bottle at least 6 batches before you call it quits.

Bottling isn't bad as long as you have everything ready to go and you are good at using two hands doing different tasks simultaneously. With practice I was able to bottle a batch in about an hour. So like you said, keep at it and it gets easier.

That being said, I don't regret going to kegs at all. It's pretty awesome finishing a whole batch in about 10 minutes :D

Getting a bottling bucket with a spigot really helped me. You can add a short bit of tubing and your bottling wand right to the spigot, then put your bottle up on it. Makes bottling WAY easier.

Saturdays with NPR's "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me!". I don't mind bottling at all, really. It's ritual and, not being religious, maybe I need that.

Back