To Buy...Or Not To Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveooph131

Reaction score
I found a Danby kegerator with a single tower tap, comes with a co2 tank. It is 400 new. Should I get this? I'm about to move into an apartment and can't take my current beer fridge, which I store two kegs w/ picknic taps in.

If it's the half barrell size Danby I think it can be converted to a 3 tap set-up if you're using corny kegs. You'll just need to drill the tower and add the lines and faucets.
Search for EdWort's kegerator in the "Show us your Kegerator" thread...

Sounds like the one I have. I actually bought a 3 tap tower for $46 shipped from a metal place online.

One thing to consider, EdWort uses "Strap Handle" corny's I think. You should have no problem fitting two, but might not be able to fit three. If they are two handle Ball Lock corny's. Either way two should fit.

One thing to consider, EdWort uses "Strap Handle" corny's I think. You should have no problem fitting two, but might not be able to fit three. If they are two handle Ball Lock corny's. Either way two should fit.

Are the strap handle corny's smaller in diameter than the "typical" rubber topped ones? I'm unable to get a fourth corny in my keezer by milimeters...

I have both and the tank itself is the same diameter, but the rubber does seem to stick out a couple extra mm oast the side of the tank on the rubber toppers.

Thanks. I feel like I'm missing a fourth keg in my keezer because of those rubber parts on the cornys. I think what I'll do is go ahead and get another corny with the single strap handle and just see if it works. If it does, great. If not, I'll use the extra for long-term aging outside of the kegerator or something. At least it would free up another carboy!

Are the strap handle corny's smaller in diameter than the "typical" rubber topped ones? I'm unable to get a fourth corny in my keezer by milimeters...

Have you thought about building a very short type of collar or mounting the hinges on brackets that move it out slight and then just getting a thicker rubber seal if all you need is milimeters in order to fit 4?

Sounds like the one I have. I actually bought a 3 tap tower for $46 shipped from a metal place online.

Where did you get your tower at?

Also - back to my original question. First is this a good deal? Second, is the Danby kegerator a good product?

I've heard that the Danby's die quickly, but never had one to verify. I have an Avanti that I can get two corny's in, but that's about it. The CO2 tank is on a bracket behind the fridge, and I'm not even sure if it will fit inside with two corny's

It's been running at 40ºF for about a year now, so all is good.

Where did you get your tower at?

Also - back to my original question. First is this a good deal? Second, is the Danby kegerator a good product?
I like my Danby, holds 3 kegs and keeps them cold not sure what more you could want :confused: As for the price I saw them at the local Costco for ~$400 IIRC

Draft Arms & Towers

Back