to bottle or keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim_reaper1066

Reaction score
So I am currently in the process of building my keezer, which I suspect will not be finished until the end of October/ mid November. However I have several batches of beer that will be ready for bottling in the coming weeks. Since I have already bought my kegs, should I keg the beer and carb up with sugar, or bite the bullet and bottle them. This will be my first foray into kegging so I am a little unsure if I should try to naturally carb up a keg.

If you already have the freezer and thermostat you can keg and just use picnic taps until you finish your keezer. I ended up doing that and had no problem with it though it did motivate me to get the keezer done, lol.

If you can't chill it I wouldn't bother though unless you are just doing it to condition your beer. You can use the kegs as secondaries to store the beer. Just pressurize them and let them age.

i'd keg w/ 3 oz and let them carb up naturally. then as soon as the keezer is done you can chill and drink. this surely will motivate you to get the keezer done.

I would say to seal them with CO2 before priming, just to make sure that the CO2 being produced inside won't leak out.

Force carb one if possible (the one that is best young) and prime (or force carb I guess...) the others. Drink the one with a picnic while the others have time to get more delicious!

Back