Tippy Dump design

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TsunamiBeer

Reaction score
OK, I got myself all excited about adding a tippy dump to the single tier brewstand I am gonna build. Then I get on here and somebody uses the words "tipping over the stand". :eek:

I am using keggles and was going to mount hinges to dump it over the side, while the keggle rides on a couple pieces of strut. Has anyone actually had their mash tun pull the stand over? Am I worked up over nothing? If I empty it during boil, with a full HLT, shouldnt their be enough weight on the stand to counter the spent grains and such?

:confused:

There "should" be, but you don't want to find out with hot liquids!

Looks like you'll have to "prototype" your setup, and try it with cold water before you make it permanent.
I'm guessin', with a single tier, your mash tun is in the middle, Si?
The lower you can get your "CG" on the "dumpee", the less chance you have of tipping it over.......

Would probably work extremely well, if your single tier was "stepped" in the middle, and your mash tun 5-6 inches lower than your other vessels......

Thx Bobby M. That sounds like a great idea!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Latest posts

Back