Time to relocate to Canada...WTF???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recusit8m

Reaction score
Holy Crap...I was watching TV at the firehouse last night and after dinner while enjoying the 10min on my tail, I saw the most ridiculously retarded commercial...We were all in awe and then gut wrenching histerics...Too funny and yet incredibly sad...Where have we come and where are we going??? From our insatiable lust to be free and the fighting the Revolutionary War to Terrorist activites that almost brought our country to its knees...We now have sunken to this style of product advertising??? Reality TV and Substance abuse TV I think Ill move...lol...And they gave Carter crap...At least he gave us homebrew...:mad:

Chia Obama - Special Edition Chia from the maker of Chia Pets

I don't see why a chia Obama is so surprising, if your stupid enough to vote for the fool is being stupid enough to want a Chia Obama really that big of a stretch ?

holy sh*t that is funny and oh so racist

how is it racist exactly?
if the chi pets are made by black people is it still "oh so racist" ?
if black chi pet makers in question made one of carrot top or shirly temple
would that too also be oh so racist?

i guess i am missing something here
i dont think the makers of this product think its racist or that thay are trying to slam him. now i dont think its the best way to honor the president but then i dont think all the obama shirts, plates, buttons, stickers, dolls ect are all that great ether.

Perhaps this belongs in the Debate Forum at this point? I can see where this has the potential to go downhill (even further) rather quickly.

Holy Crap...I was watching TV at the firehouse last night and after dinner while enjoying the 10min on my tail, I saw the most ridiculously retarded commercial...We were all in awe and then gut wrenching histerics...Too funny and yet incredibly sad...Where have we come and where are we going??? From our insatiable lust to be free and the fighting the Revolutionary War to Terrorist activites that almost brought our country to its knees...We now have sunken to this style of product advertising??? Reality TV and Substance abuse TV I think Ill move...lol...And they gave Carter crap...At least he gave us homebrew...:mad:

Chia Obama - Special Edition Chia from the maker of Chia Pets

Uh...apparently you've completely forgotten about the endless march of idiotic "milkin' it" merch that followed 9/11. A chia obama is NOTHING compared to that sh*t. That, THAT, was the absolute low point of capitalism. We went from 24/7 9/11 coverage on every network for like 3 or 4 weeks, straight into "that's right, you get the 9/11 bumper sticker collection, the 9/11 collectible plates, the American Flag pins, and the 9/11 beanie...but call within the next 10 minutes, and we'll throw in this 9/11 dog bowl! Yes, the 9/11 attacks brought out country to its knees, but not because of the carnage they inflicted---because they exposed just how hideous we really are underneath it all...to be milkin' it before the bodies were even cold. Ugh. So you'll have to excuse me if I'm less than "OMFg! our country is doomed!!!1!!!11!" over this one. Yes, I saw the commercial, and yes, I rolled my eyes like any sane person would...but once you've seen the carnage of the post-9/11 merchandising, it takes a lot more than that to phase you.

"Its racist" is the standard criticism of anything other than worship of "the One". If you criticize Obama, you're a racist. If you make fun of Obama you must be a racist.

It's racist because of the nappy chia hair, if it were any black guy it would be racist.

It's racist because of the nappy chia hair, if it were any black guy it would be racist.

You cannot possibly be that retarded.

Do you understand what "nappy" means? I don't know about you, but I've never seen a nappy head of hair and thought "hey, that looks like a bunch of little sprouts!" I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks this is a racist product has got their head way, way, way too far up their ass. There's already a whole bunch of chia heads...so are they racist too? Come the f*ck ON.

Now, if it had been, say, a spider farm, where a bunch of spiders were havin' a meetin' on his head, then you might have a point. :p

john-witherspoon.jpg

Uh...apparently you've completely forgotten about the endless march of idiotic "milkin' it" merch that followed 9/11. A chia obama is NOTHING compared to that sh*t. That, THAT, was the absolute low point of capitalism. We went from 24/7 9/11 coverage on every network for like 3 or 4 weeks, straight into "that's right, you get the 9/11 bumper sticker collection, the 9/11 collectible plates, the American Flag pins, and the 9/11 beanie...but call within the next 10 minutes, and we'll throw in this 9/11 dog bowl! Yes, the 9/11 attacks brought out country to its knees, but not because of the carnage they inflicted---because they exposed just how hideous we really are underneath it all...to be milkin' it before the bodies were even cold. Ugh. So you'll have to excuse me if I'm less than "OMFg! our country is doomed!!!1!!!11!" over this one. Yes, I saw the commercial, and yes, I rolled my eyes like any sane person would...but once you've seen the carnage of the post-9/11 merchandising, it takes a lot more than that to phase you.

I'm guilty - I bought a flag to hang on my car window (and of course it was made in China).

I had to. Everyone else was doing it, and stores were running out of American flags. It was my last chance to own an American flag. Evah!

(of course the crappy Chinese materials and the Phoenix, AZ heat shredded that flag in a matter of weeks).

I had to. Everyone else was doing it, and stores were running out of American flags. It was my last chance to own an American flag. Evah!

(of course the crappy Chinese materials and the Phoenix, AZ heat shredded that flag in a matter of weeks).

Right, if only that flag had been made in the US of A, it would have stood the test of time. :p Always hatin' on the chinese...;)

Right, if only that flag had been made in the US of A, it would have stood the test of time. :p Always hatin' on the chinese...;)

well, I'm not hating on the Chinese - afterall I was born in Hong Kong - so can I be President of the US of A? Oh wait, wrong thread......

Latest posts

Back