time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Riddle
For 30+ years we've been graced with its presents, but the breweries so young, look to the seas for the evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Okay, my question is to help clarify the riddle. (This suddenly seems like a fool's errand when I say that out loud). Was the use of "its presents" intentional, or was that an autocorrect-type-thing of "its presence?" Because if it was intentional, it seems noteworthy.

EDIT: Same thing for "breweries." Correct, or meant to be "brewery's?" Sorry, not trying to get down on grammar here, but I can't tell if I'm reading the hint properly or missing a clue.

Crap i missed that one, it's presence, as in being somewhere.
Dam auto correct has done it again, this one I caught.

Ok enough of this tomfoolery time for riddle number two.

Light or liquid this beer is a meal.
Serve anytime before dinner and this will reveal.

There you have it Lunch by Maine Brewing Co.
Not a bad bad beer but really not a good one either.
The hints were.
30+yrs- Lunch is a whale that's been spotted off the coast of Maine since the early 80s.
I think you all can decipher the rest.
Well done Dave, your up next.

Dang, so close yet so far! I thought it couldn't be lunch, due to the color (despite the fact that the hints were clearly pointed in that direction).

Dang, so close yet so far! I thought it couldn't be lunch, due to the color (despite the fact that the hints were clearly pointed in that direction).

Yeah the colour was a bit off, this is bottle conditioned like all there stuff and it got a bit shaken up in transit.
Better luck next time.

Dan

Im digging this game.. not sure I know enough about east coast beers/breweries to have an educated guess on most,but im enjoying the thread.

No to style and adjunct. The answer to your question deserves a yes and a no. Take that for what it is worth.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Im digging this game.. not sure I know enough about east coast beers/breweries to have an educated guess on most,but im enjoying the thread.

Cool man glad you're digging it. Now throw a guess out there and join in!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Knowing the grocery business I`m thinking a clearance of a seasonal beer most likely an octoberfest making room for winter ales

Knowing the grocery business I`m thinking a clearance of a seasonal beer most likely an octoberfest making room for winter ales

This picture is taken in pretty good light but now that you say Octoberfest, I will say the beer is actually a bit lighter then pictured.

Back