time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McEwan's Scotch Ale

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416436941.495109.jpg
There we go, good job man.
I was at the beer store to pick up an offering for this game and came across the McEwan's, I haven't had this beer in probibally 20 yrs. great stuff, there 80/- is fantastic FYI, I think I have drank everyone of there beers.
Your up choco.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

McEwan's Scotch Ale

View attachment 236980
There we go, good job man.
I was at the beer store to pick up an offering for this game and came across the McEwan's, I haven't had this beer in probibally 20 yrs. great stuff, there 80/- is fantastic FYI, I think I have drank everyone of there beers.
Your up choco.

I've noticed that Tapatalk for IOS always attempts to post twice, since the last update. No idea why. For me it just results in an error that you can't post twice within 30 seconds, and I dismiss the error and everything is fine.

Here's the next one. It's from a couple weeks ago, but I've been saving it in case I won and didn't have a fresh one to post.

Specific brewery and beer, 20 questions format again! I like it! To get some of the tedious geographical questions out of the way, this brewery is on the West coast of the USA but is not in California. That should speed it up a bit (since this is my 2nd go out of the last 3)

pic1.jpg

Oregon?
Is that even a state? Don't sound right.

Yes.

And it is a state by most definitions. Although they're all about, like, limited government and stuff, but they won't let you pump your own goddamn gas! What's that about, Oregon? As an American I demand the freedom to pump my own gas.

But yeah, brewery is in Oregon.

You can't pump your own gas in PA ether. I get it in NJ, and it's cheaper there too.

Rogue Yellow Snow

EDIT: Crap, just checked BeerAdvocate and it says winter availability, meaning I should have done my homework before making the guess...

Rogue Yellow Snow

EDIT: Crap, just checked BeerAdvocate and it says winter availability, meaning I should have done my homework before making the guess...

But thanks for reminding me that with any luck I can get mini-kegs of Yellow Snow pretty soon! I look forward to that all year. If you've never had Yellow Snow on draft (or out of a mini-keg at least) it is a completely different animal from the bottle. Huge tropical fruit punch in the face, unlike the bottled one which is just boringly bitter and has no aroma at all.

I've seen that plenty of times in stores; what's your recommendation?
Worth picking up?

Yes. I think it is one of the tastiest widely-available IPAs (at least where I am). Especially if you're looking for something lighter (as far as IPAs go these days). It clocks in at 6.4% but has huge fruity hop flavor and aroma and is masterfully balanced.

Yes. I think it is one of the tastiest widely-available IPAs (at least where I am). Especially if you're looking for something lighter (as far as IPAs go these days). It clocks in at 6.4% but has huge fruity hop flavor and aroma and is masterfully balanced.

Caveat: I have only ever gotten it during fresh hop season (hence why I was surprised that it's year-round). I'm not sure if my store only stocks it during that time or if I just haven't noticed it other times of year. So YMMV throughout the year.

Grapefruit wit?
With what looks like a beef sandwich in the background.

Back