Time to bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpurnick

Reaction score
For the past two days, the FG on my batch of IPA has been at 1.011 Still some bubbeling in the airlock, but no sign of infection.

The young beer smell and taste has faded and the smell of malt is really standing out. It’s bitter, but leaves a sweetness on the lips.

I have dry hopped for 10 days total with 1oz Columbus and 5 days with 1oz Cascade. The hop aroma is not “in your face,” but I think I dry hopped too early.

So, with all of that said and assuming my FG is the same, I think I am going to bottle my first batch of beer tomorrow night.

Can I get an Amen?

Sounds like its ready. What was the OG and I would take 1 more reading. I usually take a reading then skip a day then take another reading. If its the same and its been fermenting for 3 weeks, I bottle it.

Let us know if u have any questions when bottling.

Sounds like its ready. What was the OG and I would take 1 more reading. I usually take a reading then skip a day then take another reading. If its the same and its been fermenting for 3 weeks, I bottle it.

Let us know if u have any questions when bottling.

Thanks lespaul! The OG was around 1.063 Also, I pitched the yeast on 1-13, so it hase been around 3 weeks.

Because it's an IPA, should I still use 3/4 cup of corn sugar?

Yea American IPA's don't need carbonated much above 1.8 volumes of CO2. If they are overcarbonated you lose your hop aroma as the head foams up and IPA's are not supposed to have a heavy mouth feel...you want the hop flavor to shine!

It's time to move on to the next batch!

FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg

Back