Tilt hydrometer with Brewjacket?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaniFilth

Reaction score
Just wondering if there'd be anyway of connecting a bluetooth unit (like a raspberry pi or mybrewbot) to the probe connection of the Brewjacket so it gets it's temerature reading from the tilt?

I love the tilt and mybrewbot but just haven't got the space at the moment for an extra fermentation fridge (using my kegerator as a ferm chamber :/ ) so was considering a Brewjacket, but wany geeky gadgets and to be able to watch my brew ferment away while i'm at work :D

Last edited:
Edit: ignore, I was incorrect about the tilt's reading frequency.

Wireless isn't going to be practical here, unfortunately. In order to save battery so it can be used over the course of fermentation and not die within a day, Tilt and others only send signals once-ish an hour. Active temp control loops are going to require much finer data.

Any continuously on active temp control is really going to require a plug (or else a giant battery and a lot of optimizing).

Last edited:
True, there is that but they somehow (without actually having looked into it) manage to do it with the Tilt connecting to the Brewbot, and you can always check how your sg is doing no matter where you are.
https://www.mybrewbot.com/

Edits for corrections: They only sorta do, though. My brew bot uses its own probes to monitor temperature, which are plugged into the unit and into the wall not the ones in the tilt for when the tilt battery runs out, for the reasons I described.

The app and the "no matter where you are" software bit is because they use off-the-shelf software and servers from Blynk. The app and so on is SUPER easy to replicate that yourself, using the exact same software and servers from Blynk.

In fact, that whole project would be SUPER easy to replicate on your own for $10-$15 in parts, and get you a near identical product (including the app).

Wireless isn't going to be practical here, unfortunately. In order to save battery so it can be used over the course of fermentation and not die within a day, Tilt and others only send signals once-ish an hour. Active temp control loops are going to require much finer data.

Any continuously on active temp control is really going to require a plug (or else a giant battery and a lot of optimizing).
Not true. Tilt sends a signal about every 15 seconds

Not true. Tilt sends a signal about every 15 seconds

Oh man, not only am I wrong about that, it's EVEN FASTER. That is a REALLY well-optimized system.

https://tilthydrometer.com/pages/faqs said:
A. The Tilt will send updated measurement readings for temperature and specific gravity to your iOS or Android device every 5 seconds.

Latest posts

Back