Tilt Hydrometer Windows 10 cloud logging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codysorgenfrey

Reaction score
Hey friends! I just got a new Tilt Hydrometer for Christmas and was shocked to find no support for using a windows pc to sit beside the fermenter and log what it hears to the cloud! I whipped up a quick utility that does just that. You're all welcome to give it a try! Find it at my BitBucket here.

Let me know if this is helpful, or if there's any interest in extending it. Maybe into a full on app that does what the phone apps do? Let me know.

Also reach out if you have any problems with the utility. Start by reading the README.md at the root directory.

Big thanks to Dan Ardelean's article about using iBeacons in Windows 10.

Last edited:
Hey Cody,

very interessting project to me due to I am not using any Android or IOS hardware. But I have a windows server with bluetooth capability nearby my fermentor.... So I cloned your project from BitBucked, checked the readme, created a google spreadsheet, adjusted the json config file and started the app but it stucks on "Looking for a orange tilt" ... which is my tilt!'s color.

Battery level of Tilt! is good. My wifes Android mobile phone can find and connect to the Tilt!
Anything I can take into consideration next?

Thank you so much for your great work so far!
Regards form Oldenburg, Germany

2021-02-08 22_28_33-Window.png

Great, it works now. Thank you! My next step is to figure out how the iBeacons information and the simplicity of your project can be used to log to a local file instead of uploading it to a google spreadsheet.

Regards.

Good evening, I am having trouble editing the json file. I get an error that says i cannot save it after i put the beer name in and delete the unneeded Tilts.

Also, your readme states that you cant use the original google sheets link because the app does not list it... however, i can obtain this link from my email/computer. Am I able to copy/past it into the .json file then?

one more question, you mention a scheduler in the readme, will this run run the file upload regardless if the PC is sleeping or has the screen saver running or is locked?

Good evening, I am having trouble editing the json file. I get an error that says i cannot save it after i put the beer name in and delete the unneeded Tilts.

Also, your readme states that you cant use the original google sheets link because the app does not list it... however, i can obtain this link from my email/computer. Am I able to copy/past it into the .json file then?

one more question, you mention a scheduler in the readme, will this run run the file upload regardless if the PC is sleeping or has the screen saver running or is locked?
A lot of times Windows won’t let you save files in the Programs folder. Save the file to your Desktop then drag and drop it to the folder and it’ll ask you if you’re sure and say yes.

As for the Google sheets, this can be done easily but I’ve never tried it. Let me know how it goes!

This is spectacular! I don't have a Tilt! yet, but hopefully soon. When I get one, I'll likely revisit this page to grab the software! It's awesome to see people helping people, so thank you for sharing!

Latest posts

Back