Tilt hydrometer calibration question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hwk-I-St8

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
When you calibrate a tilt hydrometer, does that update the device, or update the settings in the app? What I'm wondering is this: If I connect my phone to my tilt and calibrate it after a battery change, then deploy it and use a different device (cheap tablet) to monitor and transmit the updates, is the device still calibrated on the tablet or does it need to be recalibrated now that it's connected to a different device running the app?

The Tilt only sends signals out, not in. Calibration occurs in the app, not the device. You can look up the calibration values on one device and manually enter the same values in other devices.

The Tilt only sends signals out, not in. Calibration occurs in the app, not the device. You can look up the calibration values on one device and manually enter the same values in other devices.

Dave - where can you find those values? I'd like to try this if it's not too much of a hassle.

Find the following screen for your old device, write down all the calibration points, then manually enter on the app on the new device.

C5Yt5rQVAAAj0Ad.jpg

Latest posts

Back