Tilt Bridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean H

Reaction score
I am trying to locate the BOM, Instructions, and any documentation for the Tilt Bridge Device. I already have a Pi running Fermentrack (super easy to setup and seems great!) but I have a fermenter that is sometimes in the basement and I would still like to "plug the Tilt data into" my fermentrack setup. for this, I'll need the Bluetooth->Wifi Tilt-Bridge functionality but can't seem to locate the proper documentation, instructions, etc.

The Tilt-Bridge website just refers everything to Fermentrack or pages on Github that are not available. If there is a schematic, instructions, or BOM on this forum, I'm afraid it is buried within some of the posts going over 60 pages deep. :)

Can anyone help? - Thanks!

Why would there be schematics? All it is is a repeater - stick a BTLE4.something dongle in any RPi, hook that up to a network (add a Wifi dongle if you can't go hard-wired), add the Tilt-Pi code and you should be good to go...

Cheers!

True enough for the 3B+, but no matter, pick your platform, add dongles if needed, load the Tilt-Pi code, no schematics required...

Cheers!

Thanks for the replies. I have an additional 3b+ on it right now running another instance of fermentrack and I have done the Tilt-Pi as well but was wanting all the data to feed into a single instance of Fermentrack, thus the question about a tilt-bridge since it could be connected to my new Fermentrack platform.

I guess I don't understand the big chunk architecture in question: if one has an RPi capable of receiving BTLE beacon messages, is close enough to the Tilt to do so, and is connected to a LAN, shouldn't Fermentrack be able to plot the Tilt data directly without an intervening Tilt-Pi bridge?

Paging @Thorrak :D

Cheers!

My bad for not providing all the big chunk architecture. My fermentation area is primarily in the garage. I have 2 fermentation chambers there that I am converting over to Fermentrack monitoring, controlling the fridges and the heat, etc. Sometimes, I do have a 3rd brew going and I keep it in the basement due to temperatures during the summer months. It is too far away to read the bluetooth data and while I'm not worried about the control of the temp as much (it pretty much stays ambient temps of 68-72 year around), I would still like to monitor the gravity and temps to what will be my primary fermentrack location in the garage for a single monitoring point. That's why I was thinking the Tilt-Bridge would be fine for that location to just send the data back to the RPi running fermentrack in the garage. As I said before, I have another RPi that I can run fermentrack or Tilt-Pi on for the basement area alone, but it would be nice to have it feed the single management instance.

LOL. Shhhhhhh. The project isn't released yet (hence why all the links are broken and the website isn't fully there).

But yes, you've hit on the exact use case that prompted the TiltBridge device. I'm hoping to have everything ready to go within the next ~2 weeks or so. For now though, just to reiterate the point @day_trippr was making, here's the teaser "assembly" video that I threw together a few days ago:

This is straight off the proverbial "shelf" (see: AliExpress)

Ha Ha, that's awesome. And here I thought I was a late arrival to the game and maybe I'm just a little early on the tilt-bridge piece. I will be patient then. I was just both excited about this new Fermentrack thing I found and then simultaneously confused when I couldn't wrap my mind around all the indovidual pieces. But, no worries.

I'll keep an eye on the developments. Thank you to everyone for the responses and I am enjoying this forum. I am an over 20 year veteran of IT (network admin, coding, Unix sysAdmin, etc) but only 2 years of homebrewing and excited to see the intersection of both a liefetime career of work with a new hobby I can't get enough of right now.

Thanks again!

Back