Thumbs up for Peak organic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe C

Reaction score
After a long day at work yesterday I stopped into a local packy to pick up a sixer of something tasty. I found Peak's maple oat ale - all natural oats from Maine and maple syrup from VT. After the first leisurely consumed bottle, I noticed a bit of off-flavor. Slinky. I looked at the label only to find that the beer was ""best consumed by September 2008" - they sold me crap leftovers that they probably found hidden in the back.

Disappointed, I emailed Peak last night. When I just check my email at 7 est I already had an email waiting.
Joe, im so sorry to hear about this.* As a the founder of Peak and a fellow homebrewer, it kills me to hear about beer treated poorly.
Indeed, that beer is not intended for aging.* Its far too delicate and the abv is too low.
I think its fair to go to the Wine Press next time and alert them to this and see what they can do.* On my end, ill talk to our distributor down there (who’s responsibility it is to rotate product) and see why this happened.
Also, next time you are in Portland, give me a holler.* I owe you a pint at the brewery!
Talk soon friend,
Jon
Founder
Peak Organic Brewing Co.
www.peakbrewing.com[\quote]
it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling to get this from the presidet of the brewery. SWhether it's beer, or anything else, that's the way customer service should be. So at some point I will visit and take him up on it!

I had that same beer on draft this year. It was nice, and easy drinking. I liked it, but nothing really stood out about the beer.

Glad to hear the owner was concerned with the quality of the product. It seems like even some of the larger craft brewers are starting to loose touch a little. Glad this guy does not.

Some swag would have been nice too! ;)

I had their Espresso Amber on tap a while back and thought it was an interesting and tasty beer.

Glad to hear the owner was concerned with the quality of the product. It seems like even some of the larger craft brewers are starting to loose touch a little. Glad this guy does not.

Exactly. It's good to see that they still care.

I just tried the Peak Organic IPA yesterday and I loved it. It was on tap at the local brew-pub.

Back