Three Hearted Ale from Northern

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lembeck2001

Reaction score
Has anyone tried or had experience with this kit? Wondering how well it clones Bell's 2 Hearted Ale which is seems obviously named after.

havent personally brewed it but heard nothing but good things about it. Check on there forum they have alot of info on it

I have had it, and it was amazing, especially after a little bit of extra time aging in the bottle. I'd definitely go for this kit.

a very timely thread - i was curious about this one myself!

sounds like a winner....!

I have been thinking about doing a two-hearted clone for my next beer, but I don't know whether to go with this or the Austin one. I am leaning towards the Austin one because you can get a partial mash, but it is also more money. Does anyone prefer one over the other?

I actually caught a similar thread in the Ingredient Forum after I posted this. A lot of people seem to like the Austin kit.

I ordered the Northern kit a few hours ago so I'll know for myself in about 7 weeks or so.

lembeck2001 said:
I ordered the Northern kit a few hours ago so I'll know for myself in about 7 weeks or so.
Awesome, I await your trip report. Perhaps I will get the Austin one and we can do some kind of camparo.

I currently have it conditioning in the bottle. I am at the 1 week mark so far. When bottling I stole a warm non-carb version and it tasted great. If it was good then, then I better hold onto my hat in one more week when I give it a shot. So far, I would say, get it!

P.S. I found that a starter is a good idea.

Greg

I've got it on tap right now. :D Very nice indeed... although I can't get the stuff to carb right (it's been on the bottle for-EVER and still fizzles out as soon as it hits the glass.) But the Centennial hops really come through wonderfully. :mug:

I brewed the Three Hearted Ale from NB a couple of years ago (extract w/steeping grains). It was chock full of awesomeness.

(However, I've never had the Bell's version. Haven't ever found it in New England.)

Back