Three beers one and a half months

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonbomb

Reaction score
My brother will be married in the first week of november. With a wedding comes a lot of festivities. I have three events to make beer for which I was originally going to make three beers for one night my schedule does not allow me to squeez all the beer making into a week.

First even is on October 22nd. The serenade which is a huge party celebrating the wedding. I already made my hefeweizen which should be ready to bottle the week before.

The second even is the bachelor party on Oct. 29th... I was going to have a brown ale made by then but didn't start it yet. Will the brown ale be ready by that time if I make it this weekend October 1st??

Also the last one is for the wedding on november 5th... An autmn spice braggot.... which is what I'm skeptical about only because it has honey and I know they may take longer then other beer to be ready. If I get that done by this weekend or next week would that alow me time to have all three prepared on time?? Any input would help...:rockin::mug:

If you're bottling, that's something you can't really speed up. I used to always wait two weeks before testing. Can't help you with the braggot, but with the brown ale, if you hit your wort with pure oxygen and pitch from slurry, it could be done. My brown ale that's waiting to be kegged right now got to its final gravity in like 3 days by doing that. If it ferments out in like a week, you could cold crash it for a day, bottle it, and have it ready 3 weeks from the brew day. It obviously won't taste as good as if was aged a little bit, but it could be done.

If you don't have an oxygen system, I highly recommend the one from Williams http://www.williamsbrewing.com/WILLIAMS-OXYGEN-AERATION-SYSTEM-P699C106.aspx.

I've yet to taste any of the beers I've used it on (only done three so far), but fermentation was much quicker and more vigorous on all of them.

If by brown ale you mean "Mild" then I think you can pull it off. They don't take a long time to ferment and since they are typically pretty low carbonation anyway, they don't take as much time to bottle condition, either.

I really don't know about the braggot. My experience making meads tells me that unless you go to extraordinary lengths, you will want to condition that beer a lot longer than you have available.

Yea the brown ale is definetly a mild.... Its a kit from northern brewer... honey brown ale extract kit.

Back