Thoughts on this kettle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you use it as your boil kettle and do you find that having the valve is helpful? I currently just dump the cooled wort through a strainer into my carboy. I suppose this could also become a HLT at some point too if I ever get around to building/buying a rig.

Very helpful. I use an immersion chiller and when I'm ready to put it in a carboy I simply attach a sanitized tube and open the valve. No pouring anything.

Cool - thanks for the replies. If you're just tubing it into the carboy, do you have any way of straining it? Also, do you find that you leave behind anything in the kettle?

Sorry for all the questions!

Nice looking kettle deals! Saved the page to look at later. A plate chiller would go well with it. Then that lift table cart from Harbor freight would save me a lot of work. Seems to me some member showed an in-line filter on here before?

Back