Thought I'd say hello

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BudgetBrewer

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm Kevin, from SW Ontario, Canada. New here but been lurking forever.

Long story as short as possible, this brewery has been in planning phase for a couple of years now. Started when I finished my basement bar, then I found a local micro brewery/ubrew kinda place. Great folks, good beer. Thought that would keep me going with fresh kegs of beer until I finished my own setup. Then the unthinkable happened. They closed up shop lol.

Going to start with a single tier, 2 propane burner rig, with the intent to upgrade with a herms coil and electric elements in the HLT and BK. Got my 3 Sanke kegs rescued from the scrap pile, thx Keith... Tops are cut out of the BK and HLT, Bottom is cut out of the MLT to use the Sanke fitting as the drain.

Was a sheet metal worker for many years, unfortunately don't have my own tig setup, so will be utilizing the silver soldered fittings. Brew stand is coming along, dimpling tool for the soldered fittings is fabricated. Just gotta spend money on stainless now...
Lots of great info here, thanks to the creators of the site for the resource.

Welcome to the forum! Hope we can help as you dive further into this addiction... I mean hobby

Back