This made me think WOW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How cool is that. I used to spend summers up on Lake Leelanau. It's a gorgeous part of Michigan near Travers City.

Someone needs to explain to their webmaster about pre-sizing pictures. Some of those are huge, but get resized AFTER downloading.

Every beer that is brewed at Jolly Pumpkin is aged in oak barrels. One difference with the Leelanau Beers is that they only are aged in new French oak. Meaning that the barrels were custom made of the highest quality oak known to man, generally this type of oak is reserved for only the world's finest wines. The new part simply refers to that the barrels have never been used for anything other than the Leelanau beers, not that the barrels are only used once.
Jolly Pumpkin is famous for open fermentation and wild yeasts- true farmhouse ales.

Much better! I'm on Satellite DSL and my bandwidth bites.

Excellent page. So, when can we expect an Oaked Porter?

Someone needs to explain to their webmaster about pre-sizing pictures. Some of those are huge, but get resized AFTER downloading.

Lots of "webmasters" do this. Seems to happen when someone who doesn't like/know how to make web pages gets forced to. Lots of small companies end up making their IT guy their web designer... this is how it turns out.

I've seen these in my local beer monger but haven't picked any up yet. Top shelf stuff and not cheap. (Physically on the top shelf at the store)

I'll have to give one a whirl and report back.

Back