This is why you're fat.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, touchy Canadians. We live in North America. Those of us south of Canada and north of Mexico live in the United States of America. Thus, we call ourselves Americans.

If we lived in the United States of North America, maybe we might call ourselves North Americans.

The bigger question is, what the hell does it matter?:)

I think if a few get their way with the NAU (North American Union) it won't matter. We'll all be skipping around together with Ameros in our pocket speaking Spanglish.

I have always wanted to make philly cheese steak fries. Do you think that would make it on that site.

It would be cumbersome to call us "United States of Americans". Some people have suggested that we ought to call ourselves "United Statians" or something like that. This suggestion reflects an ignorance of the history of the new world. The United States of America is the only nation to use "America" in its name but not the only nation to use "United States".

Thanks for this answer, didnt mean it to be a fussy or picky Canadian thing, I had just been wondering about this for years, i felt it was the best place to ask.

Ok off with that :off: rant.

And the poutine i have posted is a lot less disgusting than the one that was previously posted, the best poutine is with a lot of fresh cheese, some crispy fries and a little sauce, but not too saucy!
otherwise it then becomes a disgusting and messy blob.
you dont want to drown the fries in sauce.

Making a tasteful Poutine is an Art in itself that few can pretend to make. :D

I'm a Warringtonian who lives in all of the following:
England, Great Britain, The British Isles, The United Kingdom and Europe.
I am English, British and European.

Who cares!

I have always wanted to make philly cheese steak fries. Do you think that would make it on that site.

Maybe if you fried your potato pieces, then wrapped them in cheese, thinly sliced steak, bell peppers (they put those on cheese steaks, right?), then battered and deep fried them.

Maybe if you fried your potato pieces, then wrapped them in cheese, thinly sliced steak, bell peppers (they put those on cheese steaks, right?), then battered and deep fried them.

That sounds good.

Latest posts

Back