This is why you're fat.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That stuff looks revolting. Hey, I am known to enjoy Salo on occasion, but I don't cut a 5" square off, top it with mayo, bread it and deep fry it and then eat it with a side of butter.

The only thing on that page I took no issue with was the mega-stuft Oreo. That just looked good. Of course you'd need an entire pitcher of milk to drop it in.

French Fry-Encased Hot Dog On A Stick!

I like to put fries on my burgers, but I've never tried it with a hot dog.

French Fry-Encased Hot Dog On A Stick!

I like to put fries on my burgers, but I've never tried it with a hot dog.

I thougth that one looked the best of everything. Most of the stuff I wouldn't care for either, but I bet that would be good.

I don't think that the sausage wrapped in bacon with a roll around it looks disgusting. Just like a pig in a blanket with bacon. now I wouldn't eat 4 lbs of the stuff...

I'd probably eat a sensible portion of any of those items.

Doctors recommend a dose of Turbaconducken along with diet and exercise.

I invented the dough-brat last May.

A glazed donut, a left over bratwurst, and lots of mustard. I need to find those pics and submit them.

Later, we felt a maple long-john and a brat would be even better...

There are very few things on that list that I wouldn't try. Fricken beautiful is what they are.

I'm fat enough already without eating anything like that - I'd probably explode if I tried some of that stuff. I used to run 5-10 miles a day and had less than 7% body fat until I blew a disc out and started the ever expanding waistline experiment but there is no way I'm going under the knife for a disc replacement....

Someone should post a six pack of barley wine on that site. With about 500+ calories per 12oz serving, that'll butter the bones pretty quickly.

I'd like to try a Luther burger. 1 lb beef patty with cheese, mayo, and six strips of bacon, on a toasted Krispy Kreme glazed doughnut bun. Oh man.

Wife says she'll kill me if I ever make one and eat it.

Only in America...

Riiiiiiight...

Care to explain this? :D

poutine.jpg

I'd like to try a Luther burger. 1 lb beef patty with cheese, mayo, and six strips of bacon, on a toasted Krispy Kreme glazed doughnut bun. Oh man.

Wife says she'll kill me if I ever make one and eat it.

I've made one before. Also added sauteed onions and cheese. No mayo on mine though. It was absolutely delicious. Yes, I used a whole pound of meat, too. :)

Riiiiiiight...

Care to explain this? :D

View attachment 9757

Thats what we call a "Poutine" here in quebec, it's made with French fries, brown sauce, and cheese.

It's actually delicious, but the one in the pic just looks gross compared to what we make round here.

Thats actually the only thing i would eat in the whole section that was proposed in this thread.

This is what we get here, which is, I do believe, much better:
poutine.jpg

oh come on. Some of those recipes are from Canada!

I must be getting something wrong, in school, i was taught that Canada was a Country that is part of the continent named: "America".

So why people from the USA are always calling themselves "Americans", we Canadians could as well then call ourselves the same way.

The same way it is said that people from Germany, France, Iceland, Belgium, Norway, Sweden and so on can be called "Europeans" because their respective countries belong to the continent of Europe.

:confused:

I must be getting something wrong, in school, i was taught that Canada was a Country that is part of the continent named: "America".

ahem...

North America is the name of the continent, not America.

Fairly lucky for Australians that they live on a continent and in a country named Australia. Can you imagine the confusion otherwise.

:D

Secret meat,” rice, beans, bacon and All-Malt Porter mixed together. Bake with Porter-marinated bacon then wrap in Porter-soaked tortillas and additional Porter-marinated bacon strips. Finally, dip in beer-batter and deep fry.

I got the feeling this guy is a beer lover. I wonder if he's using homebrew porter...

I'm just curious. How many of you guys do what my missus does. ie: eat her dessert as a side dish to her meal?

On another off-topic side note, this weekend she had spotted dick for the first time. She liked it, but said that it would be even better with some nuts in it. Spotted dick and nuts!!? Jesus, woman, you are insatiable!!

So why people from the USA are always calling themselves "Americans", we Canadians could as well then call ourselves the same way.

The same way it is said that people from Germany, France, Iceland, Belgium, Norway, Sweden and so on can be called "Europeans" because their respective countries belong to the continent of Europe.

Damn, touchy Canadians. We live in North America. Those of us south of Canada and north of Mexico live in the United States of America. Thus, we call ourselves Americans.

If we lived in the United States of North America, maybe we might call ourselves North Americans.

The bigger question is, what the hell does it matter?:)

It would be cumbersome to call us "United States of Americans". Some people have suggested that we ought to call ourselves "United Statians" or something like that. This suggestion reflects an ignorance of the history of the new world. The United States of America is the only nation to use "America" in its name but not the only nation to use "United States".

Back