This has nothing to do with beer, but...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheesehed007

Reaction score
This the coolest fan set up I've seen. It's in a customers lake house. image-1589394120.jpg Cheers.

Used to be real big in factory's. Had one in a customers house that the belt broke. Took out her glass door china cabinet and a good bit of her grandmas china. Next time we had to go out there to tighten the belts she had had some ugly fake wooden beams built as guards. Looked like crap zig zagging all over the ceiling. Guess when you pay over 6k for fancy fans (hubby wasn't one bit happy about it) replacing with normal fans isn't an option.

I like the ones with 2 10 inch fans on arms that revolve around. I don't have the height in my house. Hung one that had a 6 foot single stainless blade on it. Had a big football shaped counter balance on the other side. Was pitched extreme and moved some major air. Also took us 3 weeks and finally a rep came out to try to fine tune the balance. Three thousand dollar fan and the final solution was a metal plate on the ceiling to keep the sheetrock from cracking.

Han the electrician days I don't miss one bit.

Not sure what these cost, we're doing the a/v. But judging by the 75k they spent on the 2 hydraulic operated overhead doors for the detached garage. Money isn't a problem...

I remember this setup from my childhood in the 60s - in a Seattle restaurant. Cool then, cool now!

neo71665 - Candace Olsen did one of those vertical fans (actually two) in a client's house that had a loft overlooking the 2-story living room - it was magnificent!

Restaurant down the road has a HUGE fan driven by rope like that. The place burned down last year. This year it's back up and just started serving food again. They replaced the fan with a new one, and as I understand it, they placed the lights between the fan and ceiling, so that when the fan is on, you get a nice strobe effect while you eat.

Place had good food, so I think I better go check it out for myself.

Those compete with the haiku by big ass fans in my book; both awesome, but on complete opposite ends of the technology spectrum.

Back