This forum seems to be getting bit$chy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had no idea Glen Cambell sang a song about line-man electricians. Nice to be appreciated even if I'm not exactly a Lineman, just a simple aircraft electrician.

Yes, that's true Passedpawn. 115vac, 3 phase 400hz. Of course AC fed to transformer rectifiers convert the AC electricity into DC power Arhg.. I have forgot to many things. I let my fellow electricians down.

Good point Ischiavo. I see from your profile you're an electrician. I was for many years. Aircraft electrician and pretty good at it but have to admit AC in the home I've never quite understood. So simple on airplanes because pretty much everything is a ground.

Anyway. I learned a few things over the years about electricians. Good people, savvy, excellent trouble shooters, and use much common sense along with applied science to achieve the task at hand.

+1 I'm an electrician ans that describes me to the tee!!!!:D

+1 I'm an electrician ans that describes me to the tee!!!!:D

This only describes about 1/10th of the electricians in my city. I'm a building contractor, and I can't find a good electrician to save my life! The ones in my city all want to splice wires in the wall and then cover it up with sheetrock :confused: It's called a junction box idiots! I can't count how many times an electrician almost burnt my job site down! I wish we had more guys like you all in my town!

This only describes about 1/10th of the electricians in my city. I'm a building contractor, and I can't find a good electrician to save my life! The ones in my city all want to splice wires in the wall and then cover it up with sheetrock :confused: It's called a junction box idiots! I can't count how many times an electrician almost burnt my job site down! I wish we had more guys like you all in my town!

How much do they pay those hacks? I COULD move.

How much do they pay those hacks? I COULD move.

Not enough! You don't want to move here! I guess that's why most of the subs and general contractors in this town are useless! Being a border town doesn't help, plus the city has very few requirements for obtaining the liscenses here.. If you have insurance and a bond you can be a home builder. No liscense required! How scary is that?!

Not enough! You don't want to move here! I guess that's why most of the subs and general contractors in this town are useless! Being a border town doesn't help, plus the city has very few requirements for obtaining the liscenses here.. If you have insurance and a bond you can be a home builder. No liscense required! How scary is that?!

Well, almost no work is pretty scary here. I'll stay away on your recomendation though. :mug:

I wish I knew about electricity :( it is one thing that I've always been intrigued by that I know absolutely nothing about. My eldest son knows more than I do I think... Tinkering around with his Arduino

Well, almost no work is pretty scary here. I'll stay away on your recomendation though. :mug:

Not having work is scary! I guess we're lucky in that sense.. I mean.. we were already poor before the economy went bad, so it's just another day to us! haha! :mug:

I think that like every damn forum on the internet, this one suffers from the same problems as many others.

Having been a home brewer for 10 years and having 10,000 posts does not give you the right to be a self righteous ****** bag. If you cannot walk into a thread asking for help and answer the damn question, you should walk the **** away. It isn't complicated.

If you can't answer the question without removing your head from your ass, you should also walk away. A few posters in particular have this almost cult like following, only encouraging their ******-bagginess. I think sometimes these people need to just take a break, leave the forum for a month or two, and come back ready to not be a prick.

People come into advice threads and while they might answer the question, they do it in such standoffish ways that it is a wash, at best. We're all supposed to be here for the same reason. If you need to get into a dumb, disrespectful argument with random strangers, step away from the keyboard and go to a biker bar.

/rant

flame suit on.

btw, sorry for re-derailing this thread back on topic..... ;) I only read through 4 pages of drivel before I posted.

thread is growing so i will repeat:
i love cats, i love every kind of...
im kidding but the whole discussion about electricians and contractors reminded me about great book Fountainhead, ischa, staubfiber and rest, read it its just great book

Polboy said:
thread is growing so i will repeat:
i love cats, i love every kind of...

Ok you almost got it the first time... Here it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not having work is scary! I guess we're lucky in that sense.. I mean.. we were already poor before the economy went bad, so it's just another day to us! haha! :mug:

I'll just have a few homebrews until things get better and when they do, I will continue to be poor just like now and continue drinking homebrew...This is the cycle I could learn to enjoy:drunk:

Hear you.

Maybe this is off topic but here goes.

During an evaluation appraisal the big boss started out by saying there are two types of aircraft electricians. The first he called FE's. I thought I knew what that meant, "Flight Engineers" and said that to him.. He said, no it means f'ing electricians, they will bring a squadron to its knees if they don't know what they are doing. He then went on to give me a great appraisal and told me I was NOT an FE! Weird way to get a complement.

I can only and very humbly speak for aircraft electricians. I'm totally lost when it comes to household electrical systems. Might sound weird, but I haven't been able to match aircraft to a residential environment. The grounding screws me all up.

Pretty sure both of our fields believe I=E/R

Yeah, that's what I like to hear when I'm in for a performance review... "Thank you for not being a *******."

Hear you.

During an evaluation appraisal the big boss started out by saying there are two types of aircraft electricians. The first he called FE's. I thought I knew what that meant, "Flight Engineers" and said that to him.. He said, no it means f'ing electricians, they will bring a squadron to its knees if they don't know what they are doing. He then went on to give me a great appraisal and told me I was NOT an FE! Weird way to get a complement.

I can only and very humbly speak for aircraft electricians. I'm totally lost when it comes to household electrical systems. Might sound weird, but I haven't been able to match aircraft to a residential environment. The grounding screws me all up.

Yup, I learned I=E/R during high school in a refrigeration/hvac program I was in. As far as FE's go, we call those "clown a$$es" here! :mug:

Hear you.

Don't sell yourself short Dan "you're a tremendous slouch"...Seriously, your a good guy capable of whatever you want to do...I can tell through the interwebz.

Back