This for real?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That thing is hilarious. Any science bros ready to call BS on their claims? Looks like they are serious about selling them.

Maybe it works?:drunk:

It appears to be as it's for sale on a number of websites. Gave me one hell of a good laugh though reading that page and looking at the pictures. Sure does "look" like a gag but apparently is a real product.

Rev.

upload_2018-10-17_15-28-34.png

Last edited:
Found the solution for the noise! fan speed controller! we'll see how this goes! damn thing keeps being indispensable! hot plate temps, now sander speed! fast carb'n away!

100_0513.JPG

i think it's shaking all the kegs too, so 6 kegs at once if it works! :goat:

Last edited:
haha. Report back in 24 hours

now that it's on the fan speed controller vibrates more, and isn't deafeningly loud, i look forward to pouring a glass tomorrow! maybe i should double post it in the thread about how i can't get any head! All you need is a vibrator! lol, not sure where i'm going with that.....

edit: i just pluged it into my kill-a-watt meter and it is burning a little over 30 watts of juice...so it's going to tack on 9 cents to a keg a beer figuring 24 hours of shaking!

Last edited:
you know i had another thought, i picked up a used bench grinder at a garage sale. i was hoping to use it as mill motor, but that didn't work. maybe i could chop off half the grinding wheel..and mount it to the top of my keg fridge, have the whole thing shakin like an out of balance washing machine!

:bott: the ideas you get!

Imagine what could be done with a commercial paint shaker, we don't need no stinking vibrators, unless it is one for concrete...duct tape one of those to a full keg and get the job done in hours, try not to abrade the side of keg though.

I have a similar sander to brac's, was thinking slight padding and maybe a zip tie around the keg for the trial run, maybe invest in a dedicated bungee cord if that works out.

Kind of joking, it is past bedtime, in fact it is a waondr I can type...

Imagine what could be done with a commercial paint shaker, we don't need no stinking vibrators, unless it is one for concrete...duct tape one of those to a full keg and get the job done in hours, try not to abrade the side of keg though.

I have a similar sander to brac's, was thinking slight padding and maybe a zip tie around the keg for the trial run, maybe invest in a dedicated bungee cord if that works out.

Kind of joking, it is past bedtime, in fact it is a waondr I can type...

you know i forgot how to use it, but i tried to use a tie-down strap to get a tighter fit against the keg...think i'll pour a glass now even though it's only been 5 hours, just to see how it's going....

and yeah if you got a paint shaker that fits in the fridge! amen brother!

This thing might actually be for real. Vibrating the fluid could create more surface area at the headspace to beer interface, which would in fact increase the rate at which CO2 dissolves in the beer. Need to look at it closer when I haven't been drinking. If it actually works as described the price should come down as competitors get into the market. The "true value" price should be around $20 or less.

Brew on :mug:

This thing might actually be for real. Vibrating the fluid could create more surface area at the headspace to beer interface, which would in fact increase the rate at which CO2 dissolves in the beer. Need to look at it closer when I haven't been drinking. If it actually works as described the price should come down as competitors get into the market. The "true value" price should be around $20 or less.

they say on the morebeer site, it's important to hook the gas line up to the bev out post...so it wouldn't just be head space...

and as always! :mug:

they say on the morebeer site, it's important to hook the gas line up to the bev out post...so it wouldn't just be head space...

and as always! :mug:
Having the CO2 move thru the beer on the way to the headspace also increases CO2 absorption. But, it's the disturbance of the surface, increasing the surface area, that is the big driver. With the headspace CO2 going into the beer faster, the flow rate of CO2 into the keg increases, so the effect of the CO2 bubbling thru the beer is also increased. It's a synergistic effect.

This is pretty much my technique, though my 2.5gallon kegs are easier to shake than a 5 gallon.

Relevant:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    518 bytes · Views: 177
This is pretty much my technique, though my 2.5gallon kegs are easier to shake than a 5 gallon.

Relevant:

Was that an ISIS flag at the end of that clip? and was it part of the episode or just the video?
i wouldn't think ISIS would have to many fans around these parts! lol :mug:

Well i left the sander going all night, my keg is about the same carb level as yesterday. apparently it needs to be agitated more than this did? i didn't hook the gas to the bev out post though....

Last edited:
We roll and shake our kegs all the time under high burst carb pressure to do just this.

The real trick would be to inject CO2, via carb stone, from bottom of beer, at every so slightly increasing pressure, to ensure the tiny bubbles were absorbed before reaching the beer's surface, and increasing the pressure slowly as pressure and dissolved CO2 increased until equilibrium at server pressure is reached. With beer at serving temp the whole time of course.

Simple. Just need a glass keg to keep watch.

At first it seems really stupid to me. But I agree with @balrog that guys do shake and roll the kegs already. So this isn't entirely different.

In my work we'll often times buy and install "vibrators" to help tanks and bins empty out completely. And the "vibrator" jokes haven't gotten old in the 10+ years I've been here!

i had a thought about this thing...you'd still have to wait a few days to tap because of sediment wouldn't you?

We roll and shake our kegs all the time under high burst carb pressure to do just this.

The real trick would be to inject CO2, via carb stone, from bottom of beer, at every so slightly increasing pressure, to ensure the tiny bubbles were absorbed before reaching the beer's surface, and increasing the pressure slowly as pressure and dissolved CO2 increased until equilibrium at server pressure is reached. With beer at serving temp the whole time of course.

Simple. Just need a glass keg to keep watch.
This is pretty much the way large commercial breweries do carbonation.

Anyway, kind of a funny product(original post) and thread that ensued. In my opinion one should not need of any this nonsense if beer is kegged and carbed in a thoughtful way.

Lots of ways to get the CO2 in, but if one is doing it in a hurry like that , ...they skipped a step a couple weeks back or they are not conditioning their beverage to its potential goodness. A lot of times I force carb over a week or two, but no problemo, it is ageing that long at around 33F anyway. Other times I spund, depending on timing and yeast type (works better for lagers for me, maybe 'cause it all happens slower). But if you are using corn sugar or wort to carb, it still takes some time, and the beer benefits from it.

Back