This could get serious!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stormrider51

Reaction score
Hi All,
I don't get on here often. I'll have to do better. Anyway, after brewing beer 5 gallons at a time for the last 7 years I decided it was time to get a little more serious. No, I didn't go all grain. Not yet. I'm still doing mini-mash. But I decided to ditch the fermenting buckets and double my output on brewing days. My wife and my christmas present to ourselves was a 14.5 gallon Blichmann conical fermenter and a new 10 gallon brew pot. Since I'm not as young and foolish as I used to be I added a pump, fittings, and a roll-around tool chest to keep me from trying to lift something I shouldn't. I mounted the pump to the top of the tool chest with double-sided tape. Now I can wheel the rig up to the brew pot after cooling and pump the wort directly into the fermenter. I did my first batch on Monday and everything went well. I have happy Belgian yeasts working on a Wit beer. Can't wait to see how the kegging goes.

Happy Holidays to all!
John

Congrats! I've found that slowly building up my stockpile of brewing equipment has made me savor the hobby even more. Slow and steady wins the race!

Back