Thinking of giving up brewing!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every problem in life is temporary except death.

I had a sneaky feeling this was a "No time" deal but I wanted to let that come out all on its own. I had actually started to type up some things and then deleted them as I was not sure that was the deal.

Speaking from MY own experiences, life will take every free breath you have away from you as long as you allow this to happen. I had this very talk with SWMBO and let her know that I was unhappy and unwilling to let things continue as they were going.
My solution was simple I get 1 weekend a month to me. On my weekend I get to do what I want to do. I will clear my calendar for that weekend with her help of course and I should be considered unavailable unless someone/something is bleeding, dying, dead or on fire. I do not have to help with chores or anything.
The other side of this coin is I also wanted her to have this luxury so on her weekend I work x2 as hard but our stress level has come down ALOT because of this. :tank:

FYI I seldom brew on my weekend off....It is amazing how forcing yourself to take a small bit of time will bleed into your everyday life! It starts small and slow but suddenly you will find time for the things you want to do.

I wish you the best of luck! :mug:

Back