Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Expecially
Excape key
I have one of those! Been working with a teammate for 5 years. They still can't say my last name! Its freakin' two syllables!
Some of my favorites:
"Suposably"
"Perifreeals"
And they chew with their mouth open. Disgusting

I have one of those! Been working with a teammate for 5 years. They still can't say my last name! Its freakin' two syllables!
Some of my favorites:
"Suposably"
"Perifreeals"
And they chew with their mouth open. Disgusting

OMG "SUPPOSABLY" YES!!

And you don't hear it much anymore, but "Nookyoular" testing.

I had one like that. Now, to be honest, my name is a little bit more complex (it's my username, minus the first "b").

But he heard me pronounce my name MANY, many times. And yet he couldn't pronounce it himself.

I had one like that. Now, to be honest, my name is a little bit more complex (it's my username, minus the first "b").

But he heard me pronounce my name MANY, many times. And yet he couldn't pronounce it himself.

Your name is pronounced "himself"? I wouldn't have guessed from the spelling. :rolleyes:

Selecting “reply all” to an email that only needs to be seen by one person
Absolutely! The one that bugs me though is that I get 10 copies of every message that my boss sends out because he sends it to 10 people and they all decide that I need to know this too, never bothering to check who the original message was sent to.

When some of my union brothers want to "axe me a question". IT'S ASK, NOT AXE!! We already do a job that people think is done by the unintelligent, don't prove them right.

My coworker who “could care less” about a lot of things. I haven’t corrected her b/c she’s kind of dumb and loud.

customer: function doesn't work on one of our computers

me: ok, let's remotely connect to the computer that's not working

me, after connecting to computer: the function works here

customer: OH! you wanted to connect to the computer that's not working?

me: /facepalm

Please stop asking me whether, and how much, I got paid during the last pay period.

This is what payroll/HR is for. You have a remote InterWebz login and receive Direct Deposit just like I do. This way it relieves me of responsibility for your being peeved because I made more than you did due to union seniority - even though you managed to do less for the same hours. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
"We have a program job failure"

Which/what -- is there a name involved, perhaps an error code?

"Oh yeah, I did see an error but didn't save it"

Or remember it? Some idea, general vague possibility?

"Just fix it okay?"

:mad: One of these days.
(and they will never find the body)

"I got an error on each of the transactions I posted. couple hundred of them. I just hit the OK button and kept on entering. now they don't show up under the member records. will I have to re-enter all those?"

Fire Your IT: #∞

IT to me: yeah, my customer got a new computer, we need to reinstall your program on it

me (presuming this guy knows drive mapping & such): ok, we usually map the U drive to the shared **folder** on the server. then inside that folder is another folder, **folder2**. in that folder is the executable, just send to desktop as a shortcut. then, inside that same **folder2** is another folder and inside that one, **folder3** is a Microsoft installation file. run that and you should be able to run our program

IT: and how do I do that?

We have people here who insist on using the subject field as a replacement for the message body when sending email.

It's really great when it's submitted to our ticketing system, as it truncates really long subject lines. We get numerous tickets like this:

To: Support
Subject: Ticket #1234 - Hi IT. I am offsite at a client and am having problems. I am currently experiencing issues when I t
Body: [No message]

this is becoming my general "tired of this ****" thread

me: clicks MOST RECENT
facebook: here's TOP STORIES
facebook: here's TOP STORIES
facebook: you're really not in any position to tell us which way we want you to view your own Timeline. here's TOP STORIES

annoying customer, awesome boss

call from customer: "we're dropping your program for this other one, can you call that company and hand the keys over?"
me: **taking down contact info** "I'll take care of that right away"
me: **hands contact info to boss**
boss: **crumples paper, tosses it in trash** "that's taking care of it right away"

My spanish co-workers are fun to be with but it's so annoying when i give them advice on friday and they forget monday. Since i can't disrespect them in front of gringos i learned how to swear in spanish so the bosses don't know what i'm saying.

customer: why is Adobe Reader popping up, saying I can edit the form, and not sending it directly to the printer?

me: because you have a check in the box labelled "Pop up Adobe so you can edit the form before sending it to the printer" ?

just me & the boss in this company, so no co-workers.

what I do have are customers who annoy me

customer: oh! I charged all our members, even the retired ones at last years' rates & charged them 47 times, can you undo that? &, by the way... we don't do backups

me: I'm on my first cup of coffee. call back in 2022

we're sold, and shutting down the oracle databases in January, been in process since October announcement

today, at about T-minus 10 days, get the emails -- "where are you storing the data so we can go back if we need to?"

The, um, database is go bye-bye. There is no storage without it, it ceases to exist, it's shuffling off this mortal coil, joining the bleedin choir eternal, pushin up daisies, bereft of life

"Yeah, haha, monty python, but seriously, where can I go to get it?"

<Blink> <Blink>

Sometimes I really want to give one of our salespeople an attitude adjustment with a 2x4.

No, we cannot send that control box today, mostly because you sold it yesterday and we are still waiting for the papers from the main office.

So I went back in the Navy (reservist on active duty orders).

Catch corona. No symptoms, just a positive test on a pre-deployment test. (I suspect the tests are BS, 29 of 60 had it, none have any symptoms).

So I'm quarantined.

I cannot get the travel department to understand that because I'm in COVID quarantine for 14 days, I cannot just get on the plane and go to place X then quarantine once I get there. "But it's hard for me to change your ticket"

THAT. IS. YOUR. JOB. YN2. (Yeoman 2nd Class)

A member of the team I work on is one of those people who posseses an innate ability to "capture" a conversation - any conversation near her - and redirect it towards a fun annecdote about:
  • Her childhood
  • Her grandson
  • Her husband (who's in prison)
  • Her previous job
Like literally ANY conversartion. At. All.
  • I brewed beer last week - my grandpa grew sugarcane.
  • The Cowboys lost last weekend - how about them Astros?!
  • My wife stubbed her toe - my grandson made a mess of himself.
  • The VP wants to give us an update on something - this is what we used to do back in the day.:mad:

We've heard all her stories before and none of us were addressing her directly. Does that stop her from butting in?! Nope! I've come very close to blurting out something blunt and hurtful and it's a miracle someone hasn't yet.

Luckily this hasn't been a problem since March 2020 when we all got told to work from home....

My coworker who “could care less” about a lot of things. I haven’t corrected her b/c she’s kind of dumb and loud.

My first boss after college would get exasperated in meetings and say, "Hey... I care less, okay! I care less!"

Granted, he was a Pakistani expat, so although he spoke perfect English (and was a GREAT boss), I'll let him slide on some idioms.

But every time I hear people who can't get "I couldn't/could care less" correctly, I think back fondly to him.

8081BFE0-646D-4930-AAB6-4A37A8CCD4E3.jpeg

An older coworker who couldn’t drive to save her life.
When this happened, I had her name called on the intercom to move her car. When she got outside she asked if the grey car was mine. I said yes. She then mumbled, “you coulda gotten your car out if you wanted to”.
Mine is the Subaru on the right.

She was actually a really nice person. Just couldn’t drive.

when you get laid off and your coworkers call and say 'I'm sorry, that sucks, ok bye!'

I have no coworkers, so I post customers who annoy me

customer: yeah, I'm having problems with report filters, using AND & OR, I can't get the output right

me: remember that time in geometry class, learning sets and subsets, unions and intersections and you probably told the teacher you would never have to use this again after you graduate?

guess what?

View attachment 715016
An older coworker who couldn’t drive to save her life.
When this happened, I had her name called on the intercom to move her car. When she got outside she asked if the grey car was mine. I said yes. She then mumbled, “you coulda gotten your car out if you wanted to”.
Mine is the Subaru on the right.

She was actually a really nice person. Just couldn’t drive.
Too bad there aren't lines on the ground to help in defining the proper space required for parking and opening one's door. Then all one should have to do is park in middle of one of these marked spots (not on the line or askew in the spot), and everyone could live in an orderly manner.
On a side note, I personally find it quite amusing when snow is on the lot and line are covered-oh the chaos. Better yet is after the lot is cleared and the one set get a pile on the one side and then some person will try to park on it... sometimes it works out ok, some times the vehicle sinks into the pile.

Back