Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my coworkers always runs errands during her lunch break.

Coworker #1 - "I'm going to [PLACE] to [PERFORM ACTION]. Does anybody want anything while I'm there?"

Coworker #2 - "A million dollars."

Coworker #3 - "Make that two!"

Coworker #1 - *polite chuckle*

Coworkers #2 & #3 - *unreasonable amount of cackling*

Every. Goddamned. Day.

I think it's part of an organized plan to drive me mad.

Every day when one of my employee leaves the office to go get the mail or drop off a deposit at the bank:

"Okay, see you next week!"
*ten seconds of ear-splitting cackling*
"Naw I'm just teasing. I'll be back."
"Why aren't you laughing?"

Every. Damned. Day. For several years now.

I used to think she had some kind of brain handicap, but now I think she's actually some kind of evil sadistic genious who's really dedicated to her craft.

Every day when one of my employee leaves the office to go get the mail or drop off a deposit at the bank:

"Okay, see you next week!"

4r9a54.gif~c200

I used to think she had some kind of brain handicap, but now I think she's actually some kind of evil sadistic genious who's really dedicated to her craft.

Grounds for a beating.

In my office, it's "see ya tomorrow...unless I win the Powerball. Heh heh heh."

FFFFFUUUUUU--

I'll occasionally pull the ol "see you next month!" joke when it's the 30th or whatever. Anyone who doesn't like that sucks cock by choice.

Grounds for a beating.

In my office, it's "see ya tomorrow...unless I win the Powerball. Heh heh heh."

FFFFFUUUUUU--

Power ball and lottery are rigged so only old people ready to die or people who will squander the money win.

Just found out the tech department rolled out new hardware that has flaws and admit the situation is not ideal but we still need to switch to the new stuff.
-WiFi is set to connect to any open source, in town you get kicked from the dispatch app all the time. Every block has an open connection! Just turn that crap off.
-Brightness control locked in auto, not good for driving at nigh, it will never dim all the way down. Only what is best for viewing the screen.

A supposed fix will be hopefully in January, when I asked who did the pilot it was station "XYZ" and they did not have any complaints. Station "XYZ" never has any complaints or recommendation because they are afraid they will get into trouble for saying so... :mad:

Rant over. Beer time is too far away.

I have always offered my help just need to know what is going on and I will be happy to get real world testing.

Every. Damned. Day. For several years now.

[9am the engineers come in]
"Well, time to go home!"
*chortle*

[I clock out after my 8 hours]
"Half day today huh?"
giphy.gif

I'll stand by my previously mentioned antidote. When they laugh. Laugh twice as loud and with unrelenting lunacy.

Power ball and lottery are rigged so only old people ready to die or people who will squander the money win.

I've known only one big time lottery winner, $12 million. He was a young father & school teacher. Built a big, really nice house but kept on working. Last I heard he was principal at the local small town high school. Just didn't seem to fit with any stereotypes I'd heard.

Your only option is to get a new job somewhere else. You'll either get more at the new job, or your company may offer you more to keep you.

It sucks, but it's very common.

9 times out of 10, people who use another job offer as a means to squeeze a raise out of their employer end up getting fired within the next 12 month period.

Pin heads who insist on taking off every Thanksgiving and Christmas, with no kids at home, purely because older workers screwed them the same way. Now we try to accommodate people with young kids at home. If they can't have off, give them an eve shift or mid shift and let them leave early so they can spend that important time with their family. I used to have two co-workers who didn't mind working Christmas, one was Jewish and the other Muslim. The Jewish guy transferred to another facility.

9 times out of 10, people who use another job offer as a means to squeeze a raise out of their employer end up getting fired within the next 12 month period.

I must be the other 10% but it may have more to do with "intent". I really was leaving and the job offer had 95% of what I wanted. I was leaving because of my concerns over ethics violations (government contracting job) that even though reported up my chain of command was not being resolved.

I gave a long notice (30 days) on Sunday morning and the Director of my department back in the US called me by that evening. I reluctantly accepted a 3-month extension of my contract to give them time to take care of the issues...I stayed. They gave me a retroactive (six MONTHS) raise.

Even when I gave my notice again in 9 months they tried everything to keep me. My new Program Manager cleaned up my jobs (they even had to report one guy to the Inspector General) but the whole Middle East group was rotting around us.

Pin heads who insist on taking off every Thanksgiving and Christmas, with no kids at home, purely because older workers screwed them the same way. Now we try to accommodate people with young kids at home. If they can't have off, give them an eve shift or mid shift and let them leave early so they can spend that important time with their family. I used to have two co-workers who didn't mind working Christmas, one was Jewish and the other Muslim. The Jewish guy transferred to another facility.

Eh? That's a joke right?

Because otherwise it sounds like you're saying that a married person's time is more valuable than a single person's.

We're a 24/7 facility. There has to be at least a skeleton crew on plant at all times. The spice must flow! Somebody, six somebodies usually, will be there on all holidays. We also try to accommodate folks with young families.

Christmas was optional for me this year due to my schedule and position. I worked it, and an extra four hours, so those folks could have off or leave early. It's not a written policy. It's just a nice thing to do. And it pays well.

It's definitely a nice thing to do. I don't want anyone thinking it's an entitlement.

I agree, and have had that conversation.

I mean, why would you even want off? It's not like you have a family.

Wow! Do you think I appeared from the ether? Do I wear this ring just to thwart your advances? Have I no friends? Maybe I just want the day off, and you know, we both work at the same place, in the same department, with the same benefits. The results of your fuqqery, intended or otherwise, don't change any of that.

Eh? That's a joke right?

Because otherwise it sounds like you're saying that a married person's time is more valuable than a single person's.
Actually that's not what I was trying to say. I'll have to more fully respond a little later when I get to work.

Eh? That's a joke right?

Word. If I wanna be gettin my freak on with 4 hot little honey's dressed in elf suits, my time is just as valuable as the dad who wants to be handing out gifts to his 4 kids.

Word. If I wanna be gettin my freak on with 4 hot little honey's dressed in elf suits, my time is just as valuable as the dad who wants to be handing out gifts to his 4 kids.

but downright rude. "Sorry kids. I have to be at work all night because my single coworker wants to try to get his twinky stinky."

saying that ones time is more valuable than anothers is nothing more than an excuse. but trying to justifying sticking someone else with work with the opposite side of the argument is still nothing more than an excuse. the whole point is trying to be a decent person and hopefully being treated decently for what you're sacrificing so a guy/gal can spend time with their kids. I don't like sacrificing my family time, but I have to give someone else an equal shot.

Why stop at time off?

Shouldn't that same married person with four kids earn more than the single person for doing the same job? Do you want to take food out of his childrens' mouths just so you can afford a new boat? Selfish Ba$&&rd.

Now, I don't have a job where we punch a clock. Every married person I work with, or those with kids have days where they leave early, come in late, or just don't show because of kids soccer, day care, sickness, etc.

One guy leaves 15 minutes early every day to pick up his kids at school. I don't begrudge him that. His boss is cool with it so what grounds do I have to be upset?

And let's not forget that this this worker who wants me to sacrifice so they can spend time with their lovely family is the same one who's spent that last 51 weeks telling me every day what a ***** his wife is.

Maybe I have the crazy notion that Christmas is a time of reflecting on the birth of Jesus Christ, not handing out gifts and uploading videos to youtube of Uncle Ed trying to ride the hoverboard.

In closing, nobody should have to justify how they spend their time or their money. If I want to freely donate my time or money to a cause, then good on me.

In closing, nobody should have to justify how they spend their time or their money. If I want to freely donate my time or money to a cause, then good on me.

and that's what I'm saying. too many people use their family as an excuse and nothing more. I don't think people with more kids deserve more wages just because they have kids or more kids than the next person. that's taking equality right out of the equation. everyone has a different station in life. if a single atheist or agnostic wants to give their time so a christian can spend time with their family on a religious holiday, then good on them. if not, oh well. such is life. but using the excuse of having kids/not having kids equaling more valuable time or not is bad form.

That's it, man. Your kids don't matter to me and my bitches don't matter to you. And neither of us are more or less valuable because of our choices of what pleasures us.

but downright rude. "Sorry kids. I have to be at work all night because my single coworker wants to try to get his twinky stinky."

Not really, man. I don't have an obligation toward your kids happiness anymore than you or they have an obligation toward mine.

There are plenty of people who never want kids. Then again there are plenty of people who never want bitches.

Not really, man. I don't have an obligation toward your kids happiness anymore than you or they have an obligation toward mine.

There are plenty of people who never want kids. Then again there are plenty of people who never want bitches.

The there are those that immediately discard everything you say because you refer to women as "bitches" and "honeys".

Of course I value the happiness of the people I love over the happiness of your apparent throwaway relationships with people you hold no regard for.

The there are those that immediately discard everything you say because you refer to women as "bitches" and "honeys".

Of course I value the happiness of the people I love over the happiness of your apparent throwaway relationships with people you hold no regard for.

While I don't support podz's choice of language, I have to point out that you have hit the nail on the head.

It's an issue of what is important to you, versus what's important to the other guy. If you spend the day with your children and I spend it volunteering, neither of us has the moral high ground. The same is true if I spend the day drinking beer. You don't get to determine if my time was used appropriately.

Or, as someone once told me... "Important comes in two sizes, yours and mine"

did you not get what I was saying? nowhere did I say that you nor anyone else have any kind of obligation toward my kids or their happiness. I'm saying the argument itself is rude and selfish. when I was single, I had offered to work so those with kids could spend time with them. even after marriage and kids, I had offered to work so others could spend time with their families. thankfully, the job I have now doesn't ask us to do such things. it's become a nonissue.

Personally I can see both sides of the argument. Yes, it's none of my business what you do on your time off.

However, taking time off to do something you can do anytime while simultaneously keeping someone from spending time doing something that can't be done anytime is totally selfish.

So I guess the moral of the story is we're all equal. Some of us are more selfless than others, and it's none of our business how big of dickwads our coworkers choose to be.

Now that this subject has been beaten to death, someone tell about why they can't stand Cynthia from accounts payable.

Personally I can see both sides of the argument. Yes, it's none of my business what you do on your time off.

However, taking time off to do something you can do anytime while simultaneously keeping someone from spending time doing something that can't be done anytime is totally selfish.

So I guess the moral of the story is we're all equal. Some of us are more selfless than others, and it's none of our business how big of dickwads our coworkers choose to be.

Now that this subject has been beaten to death, someone tell about why they can't stand Cynthia from accounts payable.

you make absolutely some sense.

Actually that's not what I was trying to say. I'll have to more fully respond a little later when I get to work.
The guys I'm referring to did it just for spite. There's no use in continuing the cycle of being dix. I'm also not saying that people deserve more because they have kids, but if you can and you want to, help them out. No one should get preferential treatment because they have or don't have kids. Having read the posts after mine, there's nothing more I can add.
Cynthia, that bich from AP. If she wasn't so busy sleeping with her supervisor, she'd probably be getting more work done.

The hilarity of this just struck me.

My vote for coworkers who annoy me goes to the guy who values his time off so much that he has to wait until he's on the clock to formulate a lengthy reply to a post on a homebrewing forum!

Rhumbline, I wanted to respond to your original post without coming off like a dik. I'm guessing that was a waste of time. The fact that they acted like they did, didn't affect my time off. This is what they said they were doing to my co-workers. I missed a lot of time with my family because of military commitments, deployment and 24/7 365 shift work for 23 years. If I can help them spend time with their families, I'll do it. I'm sorry you think this is about me.

Back