Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My boss asked me to design a form and a system for capturing new client information in one place. I did it, I submitted it, it was accepted, and worked beautifully while I was running it. He refuses to use the system correctly and taught our new employee how to use it wrong, and now I am expected to go back and fix a year of mistakes because he constantly changes his mind about how he wants the information presented.

I hate him with a burning fire.

Duct tape a dead fish under his desk. Without his (or anyone else's knowledge of course).
Regards, GF.

Duct tape a dead fish under his desk. Without his (or anyone else's knowledge of course).
Regards, GF.

Unfortunately that is a bad idea. You will end up being called into his office more and more often as the smell gets worse. I had a coworker several years ago whose office smelled of urine. There was a fan under the desk aimed straight up her skirt. For some reason she always needed help on the days that the room smelled worse.

Unfortunately that is a bad idea. You will end up being called into his office more and more often as the smell gets worse. I had a coworker several years ago whose office smelled of urine. There was a fan under the desk aimed straight up her skirt. For some reason she always needed help on the days that the room smelled worse.

That will be the most foul thing I read today. *shudder*

We have employees here that possess less than optimal aim at the toilet. By that I mean the urinal and the bowl. Disgusting. The cleaning people must think we're total pigs.

Sorry to start your day off rough. Imagine how I felt. Have at least one lady at my current job whose office is so disgusting that after I help her fix her computer or even pass by it I feel the need to go into the bathroom to wash my hands. I don't know how some people can stand themselves.

Hate when my boss comes in my office and farts. I mean, I get it.. but when I can taste the kimchi you ate last night? GTFO

Sorry to start your day off rough. Imagine how I felt. Have at least one lady at my current job whose office is so disgusting that after I help her fix her computer or even pass by it I feel the need to go into the bathroom to wash my hands. I don't know how some people can stand themselves.

We have one guy that I know with 100% confidence doesn't wash his hands.

I avoid him but also I sanitize everything I get from him if we interact. Funny thing is I know his boss is a major germophobe but I don't think the boss is aware of the situation.

One of my coworkers wanted to see my vacation pics from my Alaska trip last month, so I pulled them up on my phone and handed it to her. I made sure watch over her shoulder so... well... so she wouldn't keep swiping left and go too far.

After swiping through 200+ pictures, she came to the end of the vacation photos. "Okay, that's all of them," I told her.

But she kept. Swiping. Left. :mad:

Finally, I had to warn her, "woman, you keep swiping left, you're going to end up seeing something you can't unsee." :eek:

Piss poor phone etiquette....

One of my coworkers wanted to see my vacation pics from my Alaska trip last month, so I pulled them up on my phone and handed it to her. I made sure watch over her shoulder so... well... so she wouldn't keep swiping left and go too far.

After swiping through 200+ pictures, she came to the end of the vacation photos. "Okay, that's all of them," I told her.

But she kept. Swiping. Left. :mad:

Finally, I had to warn her, "woman, you keep swiping left, you're going to end up seeing something you can't quite see, but you can kind of make it out if you squint really hard. It's my dick, is what I'm getting at." :eek:

Piss poor phone etiquette....

ftfy

Everything I take a picture of my junk I want people to see it. Keeping swiping...... Oops you weren't supposed to see that.

A few months ago, I was off work for a bit due to a flare-up of a chronic neurological condition I was diagnosed as having, called Central Pain Syndrome (in plain English, your central nervous system becomes overly sensitized due to a previous injury, such as a car accident, and causes the pain receptors through your body to register pain all the time.) After about a week and a half of barely being able to move out of bed, because of the pain, I was finally able to return to work. My asshat of a supervisor, proceeds to tell me about how he was out of work for 3 days the previous week, because he threw his back out on the driving range while playing golf. If looks could kill, he'd have been a smoldering pile of ash on the floor with a random charred bone here and there. :mad:

A few months ago, I was off work for a bit due to a flare-up of a chronic neurological condition I was diagnosed as having, called Central Pain Syndrome (in plain English, your central nervous system becomes overly sensitized due to a previous injury, such as a car accident, and causes the pain receptors through your body to register pain all the time.) After about a week and a half of barely being able to move out of bed, because of the pain, I was finally able to return to work. My asshat of a supervisor, proceeds to tell me about how he was out of work for 3 days the previous week, because he threw his back out on the driving range while playing golf. If looks could kill, he'd have been a smoldering pile of ash on the floor with a random charred bone here and there. :mad:

Ask your boss if he'd like to trade medical conditions.

...My asshat of a supervisor, proceeds to tell me about how he was out of work for 3 days the previous week, because he threw his back out on the driving range while playing golf. If looks could kill, he'd have been a smoldering pile of ash on the floor with a random charred bone here and there. :mad:

Not knowing any of the players involved, It's possible that it was just his clumsy attempt to commiserate with you and let you know that he understood, in some small way, the challenges you had to deal with.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"

Let's just put it this way, I'd take throwing my back out on a golf course over Central Pain Syndrome any day of the week. The medication I'm currently taking alleviates a good portion of the pain, but there are those occasions such as a massive storm front moving in or a sudden change in temperature that will cause a flare up regardless.

I'm pretty sure every business has someone like this.......The person who disappears into the restroom for 45 minutes to give birth to some abomination that smells so horribly, the room is rendered off limits as a biohazard for several hours afterwards.

I'm pretty sure every business has someone like this.......The person who disappears into the restroom for 45 minutes to give birth to some abomination that smells so horribly, the room is rendered off limits as a biohazard for several hours afterwards.

Present.

I even worked with a guy once who left his contribution unflushed. insisting that we all go and admire the fact that he'd just s@$t a "perfect question mark, complete with the dot!!"

that's gonna earn you a beating...

People that don't wash their hands after dropping a deuce... People that never shut their damn mouths... Loud talkers... Close talkers... Negative whinny bitches... to name a few

Gossipers, I could crack some teeth with the crap that comes out of my staffs mouths. If you are curious about somebody or their "situation" go ask them!

-end of rant-

It's kinda funny that this comment was right after the dead fish one...

Gossipers, I could crack some teeth with the crap that comes out of my staffs mouths. If you are curious about somebody or their "situation" go ask them!

-end of rant-

How about you just ignore them? Maybe the problem is you if you want to react violently to water cooler chit chat.

I have a coworker that will walk up to you while your working or reading or texting on your phone and just start talking. And keeps going even of you don't acknowledge her presence. It doesn't help that she has god awful breath and smells like pee in general. She's doing this right now while waiting for paperwork.

I have a coworker that will walk up to you while your working or reading or texting on your phone and just start talking. And keeps going even of you don't acknowledge her presence. It doesn't help that she has god awful breath and smells like pee in general. She's doing this right now while waiting for paperwork.

Carry around a vial of "holy water" and every time she comes near, start sprinkling it on her and saying "THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU! THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!!!"

:)

Or just hand her one of these.

item_binaca.jpg

Thats nasty. (In family guy cleveland voice). No chance of boning. Just stupid. Came in today and complained b/c she overheard her coworker say to someone else that she was told to receive our samples b/c she wasn't doing anything. Which may have been true. I swear I'm head babysitter.
Yes, as a manager you are a babysitter-you just can never say that out loud to your "children". We don't like it when you call us that...
Now, where is my binky....

How about you just ignore them? Maybe the problem is you if you want to react violently to water cooler chit chat.

I think you may have taken liberties with my post. NO, it is others in the organization that complain to me about them and it takes up a lot of our time.

And certainly, the problem is me. I hold my team accountable for their time and duties, their attitudes and character. Bad me.

6-29-15
The new testing program has been installed. You can find it here. Here are the directions.
7-30-15
I know you're off today, but I never got that program.
It's here.
Nope. Don't got it.
I sent an email with directions a month ago.
I never got an email.
7-31-15
Email from 6-29-15 resent to the same guy.
8-5-15
Different guy. Hey. This program doesn't work for me.
That's when I realized I am the only person using the new testing program.

When you're visibly sick: unrelenting sneezing fits, itchy eyes, stuffed up and talking like your nose is plugged...

"Hey.. you sick?"

Damnit. You figured it out.

Also.. since we have visitors to the shop today, I get to witness this again...

The lady that prefaces everything she says with, "Well, as a Liberal Democrat.." it drives me insane. Do you really think people that don't know you, care about your political alignment?

I might as well walk in to the meeting and introduce mysefl, "Hey, I draw all the ****... as a Chaotic Neutral Draftsman, I don't give a damn about you or your company, as long as I get paid."

The lady that prefaces everything she says with, "Well, as a Liberal Democrat.." it drives me insane. Do you really think people that don't know you, care about your political alignment?

I might as well walk in to the meeting and introduce mysefl, "Hey, I draw all the ****... as a Chaotic Neutral Draftsman, I don't give a damn about you or your company, as long as I get paid."

Ugh. As a Liberal Democrat, I'd be the first to tell her to keep that to herself.

Nice to tell people that you're an idiot right up front though.

That's pretty cool of her if you ask me.

When you're visibly sick: unrelenting sneezing fits, itchy eyes, stuffed up and talking like your nose is plugged...

"Hey.. you sick?"

Damnit. You figured it out.

Well, if you're talking about this taking place in the workplace, what the hell are you doing at work if you are that sick?

When I become king, I pass a law that anyone who comes in sick and makes their coworkers sick, the coworkers' time off gets charged to the original sicko.

"I'm not going to waste a day off being sick!"

Well, if you're talking about this taking place in the workplace, what the hell are you doing at work if you are that sick?

Its a head cold. I'm stuffed up. I have my own office and don't need to deal with anyone. If they want to risk getting the sniffles because they have to be nosy, thats their prerogative.

Latest posts

Back